CP should start against Edmonton...

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Who starts against Edmonton?

CP
88%
DD
12%

Total votes: 58
mrlion

He's back to his MVP form of 2004 and I believe he's earned the right to start in Edmonton Friday. DD can get in at some point during the game.
squishy35
Legend

Printers is hot right now and Buono should play him until otherwise.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

I think he should start too ... but playing Devil's Advocate ....

DD was 10-1 as a starter and likely the runaway winner of the 2005 MOP Award when he went down with his concussion.

It's just as easy to say he deserves his starting position back with CP ready and more than capable if the offence sputters.
Bosco
Team Captain

This is a tough call, :juggle: but I would also vote for Printers to start.

The offence looks like it has kicked it up a notch, over the last two weeks, so, let's go with the hot hand. Plus, I'm sure that another week on the sidelines wouldn't hurt DD. If / when Dickenson does play, I'm sure Wally will want to be that DD is 100% healthy.

Until then, let's ride with Printers.
Rammer
Team Captain

SammyGreene wrote:I think he should start too ... but playing Devil's Advocate ....

DD was 10-1 as a starter and likely the runaway winner of the 2005 MOP Award when he went down with his concussion.

It's just as easy to say he deserves his starting position back with CP ready and more than capable if the offence sputters.
Printers has done what we need on O, bought time and as he likes to call it become an attack O. Tough to change what looks like old CP of last year, but DD does give us a good game for countering a D. Two very different looks for the D's to worry about, start one, and the other has to be ready.
Entertainment value = an all time low
King_Joe

How can you take out a QB who's throw for almost 800yds and 8td's in the last 2 games. Wally should ride who's hot and right now CP is on fire.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Go with the hot hand.

Not only is CP doing well, but he's relatively healthy, and the running game and O-line are playing better with an offensive game plan designed around CP (any insight, blitz?). Ride it until he cools.

But put DD in for at least a half against the Riders. Make sure he has his game legs for the playoffs.

Worry about the playoffs when they get here.
stansz
Champion

well..concussions are iffy injuries...it wouldnt hurt for DD to rest another week.....plus printers looks unstoppable..so go wit whose hot (CP) but if he sputters...then DD goes in (if hes 100%)
pumped!!!
Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

King_Joe wrote:How can you take out a QB who's throw for almost 800yds and 8td's in the last 2 games. Wally should ride who's hot and right now CP is on fire.
Because those are teams that give up 400 yards nearly every week??
CB123
Legend

Printers is hot right now and Buono should play him until otherwise.
Wally's gotta go with the hot QB. I wonder what he is gonna do in the playoffs when Dickenson is ready to play? Are we gonna see the QB that got us there benched like last season...
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
Big Time
Champion

According to an article in the Times Colonist this morning, Wally has already said Dickenson will get the start. :sigh:
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

this should be a non issue right now. With DD not even dressing today and Printers getting it done, the answer is just plain common sense.

If wally says DD is starting, I will assume he just trying to mess with edmonton until I actually see him walk on the field.

Unless printers has a new injury?
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
bbking
Starter

Even tho I am a big fan of DD , I must admit CP is playing great .Whom ever Wally starts, my real concern is keeping the QBs healthy . Going into the final weeks , the Lions are a much better team with both DD and CP playing at the top of their game. Not to mention BP and JJ. To this point perhaps the most healthy of the group should start the next game.
stansz
Champion

well it is the ending of a long football season..and i dont think any of the starters on the team is 100%......i am one of DD's biggest fans..but i think that CP should start..jsut because he is tearing it up..and less banged up then DD (imo concussions are a lot worse then shoulder injuires..as concussions can carry over for long intervals of time...ie look at lindros or deadmarsh..used to be top notch nhlers..now deadmarsh is retired because he never fully recovered)
pumped!!!
notahomer
Hall of Famer

DD starts for sure. There is no question CP has had a great couple games. I just don't think DD played himself out of the starters role. Injuries are not supposed to cost you the starters spot. I won't be dissappointed if CP starts though. Wally is going to get criticism no matter what he does ...unless they win (probably still get some anyways).