CP should start against Edmonton...

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Who starts against Edmonton?

CP
88%
DD
12%

Total votes: 58
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

Blue In BC wrote:
King_Joe wrote:How can you take out a QB who's throw for almost 800yds and 8td's in the last 2 games. Wally should ride who's hot and right now CP is on fire.
Because those are teams that give up 400 yards nearly every week??
I wondered this as well.

On the upside, Casey's mobility is feared by the Esks, and rightly so. If nobody gets open quickly, he can burn you by taking off, in a manner that DD simply can't. Anyone else notice a few plays last Saturday that didn't seem to be in the Playbook before then?

Dickenson can kill a D as well, but in different ways. In the meantime, let him heal, play the 2nd half against Ruffies, and get game reps before the Playoffs.

What I don't understand is why Wally let the cat out of the bag so early? Strange that is. Un-Wally-like.
Larry Key
Hall of Famer

Solar Max wrote:
Blue In BC wrote:
King_Joe wrote:How can you take out a QB who's throw for almost 800yds and 8td's in the last 2 games. Wally should ride who's hot and right now CP is on fire.
Because those are teams that give up 400 yards nearly every week??
I wondered this as well.

On the upside, Casey's mobility is feared by the Esks, and rightly so. If nobody gets open quickly, he can burn you by taking off, in a manner that DD simply can't. Anyone else notice a few plays last Saturday that didn't seem to be in the Playbook before then?

Dickenson can kill a D as well, but in different ways. In the meantime, let him heal, play the 2nd half against Ruffies, and get game reps before the Playoffs.

What I don't understand is why Wally let the cat out of the bag so early? Strange that is. Un-Wally-like.
Very un-Wally like for sure. The blunder of last years GC NOT starting CP or even coming in as relief might have to do with it. CP's unpredictability is a weapon for sure as with DD, you know what you're going to get when he's in there. That is what makes CP so exciting to watch!
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

I would not characterize the choice of Dickenson to start the Grey Cup game as a "blunder". Many seem to forget that Casey was injured in the Western Final, the reason that Dickenson played in that game at all.

Casey couldn't have been effective with an unjured arm in the GC. Wally said so this Monday morning on BMac and Ball.
Lions_Fan_4_Life
Legend

Solar Max wrote:I would not characterize the choice of Dickenson to start the Grey Cup game as a "blunder". Many seem to forget that Casey was injured in the Western Final, the reason that Dickenson played in that game at all.

Casey couldn't have been effective with an unjured arm in the GC. Wally said so this Monday morning on BMac and Ball.
:whs:
"I hope he enjoys Stornoway and I hope he's happy there for a long time"

-Prime Minister Harper on new Liberal Leader St?phane Dion
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Solar Max wrote:Casey couldn't have been effective with an unjured arm in the GC. Wally said so this Monday morning on BMac and Ball.
:whs: Good for Wally. Some people still don't want to believe that.
Lion Guy
Hall of Famer

He let the cat out of the bag early so that the 'controversy' is not a distraction.

Regardless if CP knows he is going to play, all the questions and concerns from the media about who will start are still distracting to a 23 year old. Let's focus on Edmonton, everyone, not the QB.

Good move on Wally's part.
fishman
Rookie

Rammer wrote:
fishman wrote:Fact is you want Dave healthy and ready for the playoffs. If the last game at Commonwealth is any indication, you don't want him in this game. Casey's mobility will serve him well and better he absorb the punnishment than Dave.
Not enough on the line for the Lions in that game James, it is a much different scenario this time around. The Lions are hungry, this is a playoff type game, expect to see a much more focused Lions team on the field.
and we have a ground game this time around......either way, these are two evenly matched teams with first place at stake.
ONCE AN ESKIMO, ALWAYS AN ESKIMO!
Rammer
Team Captain

fishman wrote:
Rammer wrote:
fishman wrote:Fact is you want Dave healthy and ready for the playoffs. If the last game at Commonwealth is any indication, you don't want him in this game. Casey's mobility will serve him well and better he absorb the punnishment than Dave.
Not enough on the line for the Lions in that game James, it is a much different scenario this time around. The Lions are hungry, this is a playoff type game, expect to see a much more focused Lions team on the field.
and we have a ground game this time around......either way, these are two evenly matched teams with first place at stake.
Do you want to make a side bet on TD making 99 yards or less against the Lions? Ground game hasn't looked all that good IMHO, alright, but not 100 yards against a good run D.
Entertainment value = an all time low
fishman
Rookie

Rammer wrote:
fishman wrote:
Rammer wrote:
Do you want to make a side bet on TD making 99 yards or less against the Lions? Ground game hasn't looked all that good IMHO, alright, but not 100 yards against a good run D.
that depends.....how about Davis gaining more yards rushing than Warren?
Rammer
Team Captain

fishman wrote:
Rammer wrote:
fishman wrote: and we have a ground game this time around......either way, these are two evenly matched teams with first place at stake.
that depends.....how about Davis gaining more yards rushing than Warren?
How about overall yards, not including kick or punt returns?
fishman
Rookie

what's wrong with rushing straight up? either ya got it or ya don't :wink:

(you take me for a fool Phil, I know how Warren weighs in on the Leos passing game)
Rammer
Team Captain

fishman wrote:what's wrong with rushing straight up? either ya got it or ya don't :wink:

(you take me for a fool Phil, I know how Warren weighs in on the Leos passing game)
Well you are the one that began the Davis running game misconception. So a 100 yard game is out of the question then, I think I have proved my point on your running game becoming a factor at all in this game.
fishman
Rookie

Rammer wrote:
fishman wrote:what's wrong with rushing straight up? either ya got it or ya don't :wink:

Well you are the one that began the Davis running game misconception. So a 100 yard game is out of the question then, I think I have proved my point on your running game becoming a factor at all in this game.
not hardly, you should know that if you have faith in your ground game then you'll get the carries. The Eskimos have had a radical departure from their all out passing attack since Davis came on board. It is less about the yards than it is the attempts. The more we rush the ball the more clock we eat up and the less time that your offense is on the field. This is a big difference from the last time we played, beleive it or not........
Rammer
Team Captain

fishman wrote:
Rammer wrote:

not hardly, you should know that if you have faith in your ground game then you'll get the carries. The Eskimos have had a radical departure from their all out passing attack since Davis came on board. It is less about the yards than it is the attempts. The more we rush the ball the more clock we eat up and the less time that your offense is on the field. This is a big difference from the last time we played, beleive it or not........
Good spin doctoring, I enjoyed that. :lol:
fishman
Rookie

Rammer wrote:
fishman wrote:
Rammer wrote:
Good spin doctoring, I enjoyed that. :lol:
It would take a master to appreciate it..... :wink: