Worried? Concerned? Everything will be fine?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Is it time to panic

Yes things are going to heck in a hand bag
13%
No we are fine
55%
If the Leos lose 1 more it is!
33%

Total votes: 55
tony_montana

After 3 losses, albeit two to pretty good teams and Winnipeg :) are Lion fans worried that the team is heading for a collapse.

Concerned that they may have lost focus and had better turn it around but still it is not time to panic, yet.

Or do you feel everything will be fine we are just missing Dickenson.

For my part I think that once DD gets back the losing skid will stop, if not sooner, so I would put myself in the concerned corner, everything is not fine, but no need to panic yet.

Of course as a Rider fan I would love to see the Lions only win once more this season, just so long as it is in Edmonton ;)
Rammer
Team Captain

Dickenson is a big piece to the puzzle as he his our head surgeon. So I am anwering no worries just yet, it is only the regular season and two wins out of our next four assures us first place, which is the important factor to not lose sight of here.

We wind once more this season and it is against Edmonton, I will be grudingly happy also.

The biggest concern is the lack of emotion on the sidelines. I wish everyone would stop waiting for someone else to be the guy that leads us to victory and take it upon themselves to do so. :sigh:
Entertainment value = an all time low
Leo_on_Rideau
Champion

tony_montana wrote: Or do you feel everything will be fine we are just missing Dickenson.
If Dickenson is the only fine line that separates the 11-0 team from the 0-3 team then, whoa, yeah I'm worried. :bawl:

That said, I think it's combination of things... that 11-0 team was not as good as its record, and the 0-3 team isn't as bad as its, although not far off the mark, I'd argue.
CatsEyes
Hall of Famer

tony_montana wrote: Of course as a Lion fan I would love to see the Riders only win once more this season, just so long as it is in Edmonton ;)
See, just switch the names around, and you'd have my sentiments exactly! :wink:
Real women wear orange!!
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

Of course there is concern, but no need to panic yet. Was their concern when the Riders lost five in a row? Yep, but their still contenders...the Lions need to regroup and right the ship.

Yeah we lost Winnipeg, but the Riders lost to them what three times last year? :wink: And, played them early this season when they had musical QB's....

Funny how Rider fans suddenly are coming to our board "concerned". :roll: In reality they are lovin it.
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
tony_montana

OrangeShoes99 wrote:Of course there is concern, but no need to panic yet. Was their concern when the Riders lost five in a row? Yep, but their still contenders...the Lions need to regroup and right the ship.

Yeah we lost Winnipeg, but the Riders lost to them what three times last year? :wink: And, played them early this season when they had musical QB's....

Funny how Rider fans suddenly are coming to our board "concerned". :roll: In reality they are lovin it.
You bet I am loving it, not because I hate the Leos, but because I love the Riders, and as such love nothing better than when our rivals self destruct. Just like everyone in the league is loving it, for 11 weeks the Lions ran away with West, in 3 weeks they have coming crashing down to Earth, everyone outside of BC is enjoying it. :wink:

I was wondering what the thoughts of Leo fans were, post a poll on every other team board in the league, and fans loving the problems in BC would be in the vast majority.:twisted:

Believe me I am in no way concerned for the fate of the Lions, I realize that they will most likely rebound, and they are a tough team, as such I am glad the Lions are having problems, because they are probably the class of the West, a little doubt in the minds of the Lions is okay by me. :rockin:

Just as an aside I love when Edmonton and Calgary lose far more than when the Lions do. :beer:
tony_montana

Oh, and when the Riders lost 5 in a row I was starting to panic, few would have envisioned a 5 game winning stread to offset the 5 game losing streak, so yes there was a bit of panic.
David
Team Captain

I don't believe wholesale changes are the answer. That would be disruptive. But I do feel we need to tweak things a little by bringing in a new face or two to give this team it's mojo back. Mark McLaughlin will help but a new defender or O-lineman could make a lot of difference.

Look what a slight change can do:

Saskatchewan - Inserted Crandell for Greene and they've been on a roll ever since.
Montreal - Have been pretty scary since inserting Robert Edwards in at running back. Now have a complete package on offence.
Edmonton - Traded for Davis and Comiskey. Too early to tell, but won an important road game against a pretty decent Toronto team.

Get my point?

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I'm concerned about our placekicking, offensive line, offensive package, pass rush. Other than that, I'm not panicking
tony_montana

Your secondary looked less than average last weekend too. ;)

So did the Riders for that matter. :bang:
Rammer
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:I'm concerned about our placekicking, offensive line, offensive package, pass rush. Other than that, I'm not panicking
I may add the Lions heart to that mix, more than anything with Buck coming in the D knew that it was time to win a game for the Lions, and the result was not pretty.
Entertainment value = an all time low
smphantom
Legend

OrangeShoes99 wrote: Funny how Rider fans suddenly are coming to our board "concerned". :roll: In reality they are lovin it.
You're right OS99, and to top it off we allow them to start such a poll on OUR board?
WTF? :shock:
Stay thirsty my friends.
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

Your secondary looked less than average last weekend too.
I tlooked alright against the Riders, only allowing 15 points.. :roll:
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
tony_montana

smphantom wrote:
OrangeShoes99 wrote: Funny how Rider fans suddenly are coming to our board "concerned". :roll: In reality they are lovin it.
You're right OS99, and to top it off we allow them to start such a poll on OUR board?
WTF? :shock:
All the poll asks is are Lions fans concerned. Nothing more, I am not being disrespectful or antagonistic, I am sorry if this bothers you, I guess I can go away and you can have a Lions fan love in, and the rest of us can stay away and not ruin your purrfect world by asking :shock: questions.
tony_montana

OrangeShoes99 wrote:
Your secondary looked less than average last weekend too.
I tlooked alright against the Riders, only allowing 15 points.. :roll:
Yeah they did not look too bad against the Riders, that is why I said last weekend, and not the weekend before.