Who would receive the loudest BOO?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Who would receive the loudest BOO?

Gary Bettman
27%
Jason Medlock
73%

Total votes: 30
David
Team Captain

Quick poll: Who do you think would be given the loudest raspberry if he were introduced to a Vancouver sporting audience?

Gary Bettman if he was introduced at GM Place (for his role in the long, drawn out NHL lock-out) OR Jason Medlock if he paid a visit to BC Place (for all his bone-headed comments to the media)?

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

Bettman may be a weasel, but I think we're going to see a much better product on the ice...

Medlock on the otherhand offers us nothing but grief. He get's my vote.
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

I am not an NHL fan, and as such don't care about Bettman regardless.

Medlock. Last man standing.
crburrows
Champion

Solar Max wrote:I am not an NHL fan, and as such don't care about Bettman regardless.

Medlock. Last man standing.
They say that the opposite of love is not hate, it's apathy.
tony_montana

Post this question on Riderfans with the title being Braley or Bettman, and see what you get. (Burris would win in a walk against anyone, which is why I did not suggest him :wink: )
squishy35
Legend

Medlock. :thdn:
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

I took Medlock only because I don't think Bettman is as unpopular now as he was at the start of the lockout. The more things carried on the more I think fans pointed fingers at Goodenow as the bigger villain. Bettman might get the raspberry, but he'd get cheers compared to Bob Goodenow. Many fans who despised Bettman before the lockout may now have a begrudging respect for sticking to his guns and hammering out the sort of deal that the game needed to survive. Trouble was the boneheads on the players' side took 18 months to figure out that the league wasn't going to cave in this time.

As for Medlock the way Dickenson has performed all season and the promise shown by Pierce I think the numbers in the Printers popularity poll have been declining to the point a lot of fans really couldn't care if Printers left now. FYI Medlock also represents Dante Marsh, Jamal Powell and recent addition Tyrone Sanders.

I know your question was in the context of Vancouver sports fans, but how about a 3rd option:

Brad May when he plays his first home game for the Colorado Avalanche.

May was booed relentlessly every time he touched the puck in the first exhibition game the Avs played this year at the University of Denver.
Last edited by Hambone on Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

tony_montana wrote:Post this question on Riderfans with the title being Braley or Bettman, and see what you get. (Burris would win in a walk against anyone, which is why I did not suggest him :wink: )
No offence intended, TM. but I'd rather be dragged 40 miles through the desert over broken glass with my mouth glued to the tailpipe of a Greyhound Bus.

Some really not nice people there. The vast majority..GREAT CFL fans. Others...not.

Good luck to the True fans of the Saskatchewan Roughriders tomorrow.
MacNews
Team Captain

I'd think Canucks fans will boo Bettman and Lions fans will boo Medlock, this being Vancouver I'd think Bettman will get more boos. Most Vancouverites will think "Who the heck is Jason Medlock? :? "
tony_montana

Solar Max wrote:
tony_montana wrote:Post this question on Riderfans with the title being Braley or Bettman, and see what you get. (Burris would win in a walk against anyone, which is why I did not suggest him :wink: )
No offence intended, TM. but I'd rather be dragged 40 miles through the desert over broken glass with my mouth glued to the tailpipe of a Greyhound Bus.

Some really not nice people there. The vast majority..GREAT CFL fans. Others...not.

Good luck to the True fans of the Saskatchewan Roughriders tomorrow.
Non taken, as with everything it is always the vocal few Bungholes that can make things unpleasant for the many. I was really trying to get in a dig at Braley more than anything. :lol:
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

tony_montana wrote: I was really trying to get in a dig at Braley more than anything. :lol:
And that's how I knew you were a Sask fan.

"Commandment 11:

Thou shalt hate the BC Lions, and especially their owner, for he is the one that kept them in the league in order to defeat the Worthy in the Land of the Flat. Hated shall be the Evil One."

It is so written. Thy will be done. :wink:
tony_montana

Actually the Lions are easily my second favorite team in the league. Your owner is a jackass though, but I do not wish to start a fight, it was just a friendly needling. Thing between the Lions and the Riders can be settled on the field this week, we can save the owner/GM bashing et al for another week. :beer:

Please note

I freely acknowledge everything that Braley has done positive for the Lions organization, but he has done nothing to endear himself to anyone outside of BC, and in fact has only done things to earn the distaste that many outside of BC feel for him.
Solar Max
Hall of Famer

tony_montana wrote:I in fact [Braley] has only done things to earn the distaste that many outside of BC feel for him.
And this is a bad thing? :wink: What are the negatives here? OH...you're from Saskatchewan, I forgot.

Just kidding, TM. But I will now enjoy watching the Lions spank your little green butts on Saturday...just a wee bit more.

Peace.
bc49
Hall of Famer

I voted Bettman without reading the question properly.
Obviously there would be more fans at BC Place as that facility holds more people so the correct answer would be Meddlelock.
But the question is flawed and results based entirely on the venue not the popularity (or lack thereof) of the individual.
David
Team Captain

Okay as a percentage of patrons then. Does that make it easier to answer Tommy?

Basically just who would get booed more lustily is what I was getting at. Not actual decibel level. That's 120db's obsession (or is it crowd counts?) :lol:

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar