Does Buck Pierce resemble Dunigan or DD?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Does Buck Pierce resemble Dunigan or DD?

Matt Dunigan
35%
Dave Dickenson
65%

Total votes: 68
maddeep73
Champion

Does Sidney Crosby resemble Lemieux or Gretzky? Not sure... haven't seem him play enough yet.

Pierce resemble neither of those two cause he's taken 20 snaps in his career. How can anyone possible say who he plays like or looks like?? We don't have a large enough sample of his play to draw from.

I'm sure you'd all love him to resemble Dave and/or Matt, so would I. However, the only person he resembles right now is his dad, and perhaps his mom, a little.
Keepin' it real
Rammer
Team Captain

maddeep73 wrote:Does Sidney Crosby resemble Lemieux or Gretzky? Not sure... haven't seem him play enough yet.

Pierce resemble neither of those two cause he's taken 20 snaps in his career. How can anyone possible say who he plays like or looks like?? We don't have a large enough sample of his play to draw from.

I'm sure you'd all love him to resemble Dave and/or Matt, so would I. However, the only person he resembles right now is his dad, and perhaps his mom, a little.
Some of us watch him in TC, and also in practice, not just game time. My qualifications on what he looks like are based strictly on his style while delivering the ball and the way he holds himself in the pocket.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Jim Mullin
Team Captain

At this point I'd say Tom Burgess. This early I'd say it's anywhere between Matt Dunigan and Cody Ledbetter.
maddeep73
Champion

My qualifications on what he looks like are based strictly on his style while delivering the ball and the way he holds himself in the pocket
Still lofty comparisions wouldn't you say??
Keepin' it real
Rammer
Team Captain

maddeep73 wrote:
My qualifications on what he looks like are based strictly on his style while delivering the ball and the way he holds himself in the pocket
Still lofty comparisions wouldn't you say??
Says nothing of expectations, just the way he holds himself. He does have one other ability like DD, and that is doing what the offense is designed to do. He also is a much better runner, but DD knows how to take off when needed.
kenny
Champion

Kind of funny how we always find a CFL legend to compare our young QB's to. Last year at this time we were singing the praises of Casey Printers as the next Warren Moon. Boy how times have changed.
LFITQ
Team Captain

kenny wrote:Kind of funny how we always find a CFL legend to compare our young QB's to. Last year at this time we were singing the praises of Casey Printers as the next Warren Moon. Boy how times have changed.
Ahh but some of us were saying he could possibly be the nexty Marcus Crandell too .. 8)
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

why isnt Moon one of the options???

or Holloway

or JC watts

or Allen

or Adams

or Barrett

or Paopao
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
maddeep73
Champion

Thus my point that it is probably too early to say that he resembles any past greats. There are so many to choose from!

why isnt Moon one of the options???

or Holloway

or JC watts

or Allen

or Adams

or Barrett

or Paopao
Keepin' it real
Rammer
Team Captain

KnowItAll wrote:why isnt Moon one of the options???

or Holloway

or JC watts

or Allen

or Adams

or Barrett

or Paopao
Top three depend upon their running first thrwoing second.

Last two, lets hope not, although Barrett be the closest of the bunch.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:

or Holloway

or JC watts

or Allen

or Adams

or Barrett

or Paopao

my point is, if we are supposed to be comparing styles and efficiency, why do we always compare white to white, and black to black. Do we really believe that blacks and whites have 2 distinctive styles and that they cant be compared to each other.

Buck is next DD, Dunigan etc
Printers is next Moon...

When has anybody said that black Qb is the next Jackson, or white QB is the next JC watts???
Rammer
Team Captain

KnowItAll wrote:
Rammer wrote:

or Holloway

or JC watts

or Allen

or Adams

or Barrett

or Paopao

my point is, if we are supposed to be comparing styles and efficiency, why do we alway compare white to white, and black to black. Do we really believe that blacks and whites have 2 distinctive styles and that they cant be compared to each other.

Printers is next Moon...

When has anybody said that black Qb is the next Jackson, or white QB is the next JC watts???
More importantly why are you attempting to make an issue out of this? I did say that Buck was most like Barrett in his style, but I hope he is more like DD in being able to read D's.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Why someone makes a comparison that involves a white to white pr black to black QB in the case of Casey and say Warren Moon is more likely to stem from their physical appearance combined with how they play and move on the football field and also who sticks more in your mind than others. Warren Moon was still playing and others like JC Watts have been long gone and many would not have been as familiar with him as they would the Moons and the Dunigans.

I just don't want Buck to be compared to Toppy Vann...lol or Pete Neft (QB) or any other guy who didn't stick with the BC Lions.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Rammer wrote:
KnowItAll wrote:
Rammer wrote:

my point is, if we are supposed to be comparing styles and efficiency, why do we alway compare white to white, and black to black. Do we really believe that blacks and whites have 2 distinctive styles and that they cant be compared to each other.

Printers is next Moon...

More importantly why are you attempting to make an issue out of this? I did say that Buck was most like Barrett in his style, but I hope he is more like DD in being able to read D's.
sorry. Not my intention to make an ISSUE of it, specially with you. Just asking a general question of all of us, based on observation, working off the standard comments from everybody over the last 2 yrs about printers and buck. I know I do the same thing, it just struck me to ask of myself, and others, why.

When I try to guess the best qbs at reading, I alway end up thinking white guys, Lancaster, Parker, Jackson, Flutie, Dunigan, DD, etc. Is this fair? Am I guilty of racism. What successful black QB's would you say excelled at Reading as their strongest ability, maybe even better than some of the white guys I mentioned.?

I am little more even when I think of physical ability, putting Flutie and Dungian in with Moon and Holloway, but still, if I could remember enough to make a top 20 list, probably would have no more than 4 white guys. Is it racism, or reality?

Do ya think there is another Black QB that Buck could remind us of so far, better than Barrett? BTW - I agree that Barrett is probably closest of the ones I listed.

Do ya think there is a white QB that Printers plays anythink like, enough to say, maybe he is the next.....

Just trying to make us all think is all, not intending to make waves.