lionbackers.com site awareness and how did you get here???

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

How did you discovered this site ???

friend of site admin
8%
explicit search; Lions fan
24%
explicit search; fan of player(s) following their career
No votes
random search and somehow got here
35%
word of mouth from peers/colleague
8%
link/quotation from other sites
18%
others, like forced to do penitentiary service by Green Riders' fanatics
6%

Total votes: 49
mavv

I didn't find this site via bclions.com nor cfl.ca. I found it by being curious about the field size difference between the CFL and the NFL and found this link:
http://www.lionbackers.com/cflvsnfl.html

Now, there were grumblings here for an awareness plug of this site on the part of Lowell Ullrich (Province reporter) or even a link on BCLions.com perhaps. My thought on the matter is ... oh never mind, in my fantasy world lionbackers.com will have 8000+ registered/active members (to crash this site, lol. Oh wait, 100+ already did it). We have one organized cohesive voice on such important announcements as 1) wearing orange to the games 2) an e-mail spamming campaign to media outlets when we see cats discrimination occurring or 3) a group order for those car window flags to drive around town bemuddling those Canucks-only fans.

Ideas for site awareness:

1) Things I've collected on the way to the Lions' games: shampoo, perfume, gum samples and various other flyers.

Lionbackers.com could do the same thing like passing out flat vinyl fridge magnets with Lionbackers.com logo, a slogan and perhaps a Lions player or two on the magnet. One can NEVER have enough magnets for the fridge. This endeavour requires 1) permission from the football club (probably) to use player's likeness and 2) $$$. A Paypal driving campaign may do the trick, say $20-$50 donation. Don't know how many magnets $3000.00 will get you and of course they'll be imported from China, while they're still cheap. ... I'm game!

2) Much cheaper, less effective. When I saw the lionbackers tailgating location map in the other thread, I'm reminded that I actually saw some of you guys up there looking down when I walked by. Now couldn't you guys just get that banner of yours and hang it over the parkade. I don't see it and more people walk along Beatty St. than others, as it's along the skytrain route.

All this in time for the Als game.

Now back to reality: 1) a lot work indeed 2) the really interested fan will find this site anyways, 3) more people, more chaos. ... Just a thought really but wouldn't problem #3 be a great problem to have? one, two, three, four let's have a flame war!
D
Team Captain

Now couldn't you guys just get that banner of yours and hang it over the parkade.
I've been lazy this year :roll: ... I also used to hang the banners in the stadium
wearing orange to the games
I just got my new 3rd jersey today ... so I'll be Back in Black :rockin: :roar:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
D
Team Captain

1 more thing ...... welcome to the site :beer:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I had to vote for "others" because I read about the site in Lowell Ullrich article in The Province last year. How does that equate to being forced to do penitentiary service by Green Riders' fanatics? :?
notahomer
Hall of Famer

I wrote a short web page about two of my favourite topics football and politics. In particular if my memory serves me correct, I explained my respect for the late Emery Barnes (NDP MLA and Lion alum). I got a short email from David (I think) asking if I minded if some of what I wrote was posted here. I've been a member for quite a few years now (formerly eastvanfan before I forgot my password). So in a way the Lionbackers site found me but I have enjoyed having the opportunity to say what I want and hear what other fans have to say.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

I found the site from the Newsletter that the actual Lionbackers Fan Club Members get
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Charlene

I have no idea, but i'm glad i did!
omega2000

I acutally cannot remember how I found this site. I do remember that I was coming here off and on before I started posting. I have to admit that I'm pretty well addicted to it :thup:
Rammer
Team Captain

omega2000 wrote:I acutally cannot remember how I found this site. I do remember that I was coming here off and on before I started posting. I have to admit that I'm pretty well addicted to it :thup:
I am glad I have restraint to such things. :bang: :lol:
Entertainment value = an all time low
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Posting here is part of my probation. Not much longer to go now. :cr:
Vidguy

I found it from a link on the BClions.com forums...i think it was about the 3rd jersey a month or two ago.
West Coast Blue Fan
Legend

Courtesy of an invite to the TG from 3rd Down (Ritch)

The rest is history
I'd love you to say it to my face because you'd only say it once...if you ever had the courage to say it at all!! Blitz, 05/24/2008
Robbie
Hall of Famer

I was doing an internet search on BC Lions history.