It's half over!!!!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Is the CFL season too short?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:44 am

Yes
40%
No
60%

Total votes: 40
notahomer
Hall of Famer

Baseball, basketball and hockey seasons are way too long. Football seems like it just got started and after tonights home game against Hamilton, the seasons half over. I was thinking to myself boy the football season seems too short but then I realized perhaps it's that shorter season that keeps me excited. I doubt the wear/tear on the players would allow a longer season anyway but even so I feel the length of season just about right.
D
Team Captain

it's the off season that's to long :yes: :lol:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

um. I thought the lions were 7-0 now. Tonight makes 8-0. When did the season go back to 16 games??
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
LFITQ
Team Captain

Technically it isn't half over ..

We play 18 regular season games and this is only game #8. We still tonight's game and next week's game before it is officially half over .. 8)

How's that for the "cup is half-full" take? :lol: :lol:
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
Canuck_4_Life
Hall of Famer

Quit being an NFL fan....................Sheesh.................. :tease:
crburrows
Champion

I vote for a 48-week regular season and a 4-week playoff season!

And an extra game in leap-years!
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

that would be cool but very painful for the players and very expensive for us
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

LFITQ wrote:Technically it isn't half over ..

We play 18 regular season games and this is only game #8. We still tonight's game and next week's game before it is officially half over .. 8)

How's that for the "cup is half-full" take? :lol: :lol:
Plus playoff games.. not even close to half over. Someone needs a math refresher. 8)
Lionut
Hall of Famer

Trust me, there's a reason why football seasons are relatively short. By the end of the year, every part of your body hurts -- I swear to God your hair hurts by that stage! I didn't even play pro, so I can only imagine the wear and tear these guys suffer through.

I would even argue that the CFL season is a bit too long. 18 regular season games is a really lengthy affair, especially when you consider that NCAA teams play 12, while NFL teams play 16. I would be sorely tempted to cut the two early summer games off the CFL regular season and get it back to 16. 18 is about as long as it is ever going to get, unless of course you plan on vastly increasing roster sizes.
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
giwiens
Starter
Location: you can know where I was or my direction of travel but not both

I think the season is the right length. We just need another team in this league.
Roar Lions Roar
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I sympathize with the players and their aching bodies. For me, the real problem is that the offseason is just too long with seven months between games, eight months if there's no home playoff game. Hockey and basketball have an offseason of about four months. Baseball is five months.

I watch televised NCAA games into January, and the Super Bowl. I used to enjoy going to basketball games when the Grizzlies were in town. I don't really care to watch hockey live. I might go to one Canucks game in the offseason. Otherwise I spend a lot of time waiting for Lions training camp.
hexx

the CFL regular season is 20 weeks long. we're at week 9. after next week the season will be half over.
David
Team Captain

This will probably not prove too popular, but I am in favor of a 16 game schedule but a longer playoff to ensure that the cream really does rise to the top. They used to do something like this years ago (you'd play a home and away total point playoff).

I think one game to the championship for winning the division is just too short a post season. I want winning the Grey Cup to really mean something.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

David wrote:This will probably not prove too popular, but I am in favor of a 16 game schedule but a longer playoff to ensure that the cream really does rise to the top. They used to do something like this years ago (you'd play a home and away total point playoff).

I think one game to the championship for winning the division is just too short a post season. I want winning the Grey Cup to really mean something.

DH 8)
as much as the CFL has been my blood for the last 40 yrs, how much can winning a 9 team leauge championship really mean compared to approx 30 teams?? I think post season is just fine and we should enjoy it for what it is. I have always enjoyed reg season games for the entertainment they provide, usually, and post season wins are just icing.

As to reg season, put me down for one more vote to going back to 16 games. Stretch out the season over the same number of weeks and eliminate any team ever playing 2 games in less than 7 days.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Canuck_4_Life wrote:Quit being an NFL fan....................Sheesh.................. :tease:
Great cure for insomiacs