It's half over!!!!

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Is the CFL season too short?

Poll ended at Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:44 am

Yes
40%
No
60%

Total votes: 40
The Pez
Starter

TheLionKing wrote:
Canuck_4_Life wrote:Quit being an NFL fan....................Sheesh.................. :tease:
Great cure for insomiacs
:rockin:
Lions4ever
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll wrote:
David wrote:This will probably not prove too popular, but I am in favor of a 16 game schedule but a longer playoff to ensure that the cream really does rise to the top. They used to do something like this years ago (you'd play a home and away total point playoff).

I think one game to the championship for winning the division is just too short a post season. I want winning the Grey Cup to really mean something.

DH 8)
as much as the CFL has been my blood for the last 40 yrs, how much can winning a 9 team leauge championship really mean compared to approx 30 teams?? I think post season is just fine and we should enjoy it for what it is. I have always enjoyed reg season games for the entertainment they provide, usually, and post season wins are just icing.

As to reg season, put me down for one more vote to going back to 16 games. Stretch out the season over the same number of weeks and eliminate any team ever playing 2 games in less than 7 days.
I agree with you guys. People constantly speak of needing another team in order to have a "balanced schedule". While I'm all for that, as long as we have a 9 team league now, a 16 game regular schedule would be balanced. Each team would play each other team twice. I know there will be much singing about lost revenue from 2 fewer games but if, as suggested, playoffs were expanded that would likely solve that to some extent.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

I say leave the playoffs format alone. If you win your division you get a bye and home field for the final... second best team in the division gets home field for the semi. It's close to purrfect in my opinion. Football is a "one and done" game, not a series sport like baseball or hockey. Sure it sucks as a fan when your team wins the division and then has a "off night" in the division final and misses going to the Grey Cup, but that's football. Paying fans and TV audiences are supporting an 18 game schedule so that tells me the length of season is just fine.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

mac powerbook... $3500
dsl internet... $100/mo
wifi adapter.... $159
listening to Lions games while laying in a hammock while drinking rum..... PRICELESS
Man, love this sig :thup:
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Sir Purrcival wrote:
mac powerbook... $3500
dsl internet... $100/mo
wifi adapter.... $159
listening to Lions games while laying in a hammock while drinking rum..... PRICELESS
Man, love this sig :thup:
Thanks! Just to prove it's true here's a pic. Notice the insulated mug... that's to keep the ice from melting too fast in my rum and coke. Even at night it's about 90 degrees here.

GO LIONS!!!
MacNews
Team Captain

KnowItAll wrote:um. I thought the lions were 7-0 now. Tonight makes 8-0. When did the season go back to 16 games??
Bye week.
LFITQ
Team Captain

MacNews wrote:
KnowItAll wrote:um. I thought the lions were 7-0 now. Tonight makes 8-0. When did the season go back to 16 games??
Bye week.

Ahh my young grasshopper makes another appearance ...

knowitall is simply eluding to the fact that we play an 18 game schedule. Therefore, no matter how you slice it - until the Lions ahve played their 9th game the season is NOT half over ...
Now that I don't live in Quesnel do I need to change my handle??
MacNews
Team Captain

LFITQ wrote:...Ahh my young [superfan] makes another appearance ...

knowitall is simply eluding to the fact that we play an 18 game schedule. Therefore, no matter how you slice it - until the Lions ahve played their 9th game the season is NOT half over ...
Well, true, but if you...your right. 8)
Rammer
Team Captain

LFITQ wrote:
MacNews wrote:
Bye week.

Ahh my young grasshopper makes another appearance ...

Except that you not including the playoffs in your half a season formula, and it looks good to host one or two of those currently.
Entertainment value = an all time low
dpoe
Starter

giwiens wrote:I think the season is the right length. We just need another team in this league.
Amen to that.... :yes:
cedyboy

the season might be half over, but the best half is still to come