Pick The Starter

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Which QB do YOU want to see start vs Calgary

Dickenson
64%
Printers
24%
What the hell - Pierce
12%

Total votes: 86
bc49
Hall of Famer

Assuming all options are healthy and ready to play:
Docbeer
Legend

Hate to say it...but I think Dave should get the nod on the road...for the Hamilton home game I think they should announce early that Printers will start - just to boost ticket sales....
"Don't sweat the petty things and don't pet the sweaty things"
MacNews
Team Captain

Docbeer wrote:...for the Hamilton home game I think they should announce early that Printers will start - just to boost ticket sales....
Doubt it'll do much. 35,500+ went thinking that DD would start.
D
Team Captain

the cat (printers) is outta the bag now .... if they are both healthy they should both play ..... they rotate guys at the other positions why not QB?

If ya got it flaunt it :roar:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
Rammer
Team Captain

D wrote:the cat (printers) is outta the bag now .... if they are both healthy they should both play ..... they rotate guys at the other positions why not QB?

If ya got it flaunt it :roar:
Here comes Pierce as well, I would love to see him get some time in Calgary, just to get a read on his ability.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Docbeer
Legend

Sorry Macnews, and this isn't a knock against DD...but over 35K went to watch what was anticipated to be a great game...with Hamilton coming in the story that will get the attention is Printers and his exciting style of play (assuming he gets to start)
MacNews
Team Captain

That's fine, you think fans go to see the QB. I think fans go to see the game and just want the W.
Docbeer
Legend

I think the fans go for all of the things - QB, game, win but most importantly - the entertainment...what I'm saying is - given Casey's performance last year and his popularity with the average/fencesitter fan - you'll get more people coming out to a game that won't get as much hype as the Eskies tilt...if Printers is given the start in advance...
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I don't think we need to revisit the quarterback controversy again. I don't care who starts as long as we win. Hell, I'll even watch Andre Ware ! :wink:
almo89
Legend

TheLionKing wrote:I don't think we need to revisit the quarterback controversy again. I don't care who starts as long as we win. Hell, I'll even watch Andre Ware ! :wink:
heck bring in Gulio. Or is he not in shape now?
rareair
All Star

I don't think that the team should pick a starter based on how many fans will show up. If you start playing that game, you are not focused on the W and it'll catch up to you.
Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Docbeer
Legend

:bang:
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

rareair wrote:I don't think that the team should pick a starter based on how many fans will show up. If you start playing that game, you are not focused on the W and it'll catch up to you.
While in the rarefied atmosphere of pro football, one of the considerations of coaches and teams has to be fan excitement.

Yes, the coach's job first and foremost is to win but I sure want the guy to use his brain a bit when it comes to the fans and excitement.

For example...last year's Grey Cup game and not using Casey. I know for a fact that led to several people not buying seasons tickets just for spite so they are sitting home now waiting for blackouts to be lifted. I felt the same as they did so now am buying one game at a time...lol.

With what happened and DD's back issue, I am sure that if Dave is not 100% he would go with Printers to start assuming he is ok.

Down the road I hope we will see Buck Pierce get a start this year like they gave Spurgeon last year. I am pretty confident that Pierce can play this game and he is learning a lot including ball control as I see he is not a high risk taker with the ball. He is not one to try and force it too much. I am also certain that if Buono can get a situation where Pierce can even finish a game, he will give him that chance.

Yes, why not do a bit more rotation of QBs to alter things and give teams different things to think about like a surprise change at the half. Yes, if you do mix it up the QB loses stats and maybe the MOP opportunity. Teams who struggle make those changes all the time and it does not always work as it not just the QB who is at fault if a team sucks.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
CB123
Legend

Printers didnt start off that good on friday, but I think later on he started getting in his groove. I think if he plays next game too, he will be back the the good old MVP from last season.

So my pick is Printers
BC Lions - 2006 Grey Cup Champions!
USC Trojans - 2007 Rose Bowl Champions!
Team Canada - 2007 World Junior Hockey Champions!
Vancouver Giants - 2007 Memorial Cup Champions!
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

If you worded the question "who do you think should start" I'd say DD, but the wording is "who would you like to see start" so I have to go with CP. Only because I am curious to see what he can do given a full week to prep knowing he will start.

But as for who SHOULD start, I got give it to Dave. He's earned it and unless he is more hurt than we think I can't see Wally starting CP right now.