the lions first loss of the season

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

lions first loss will be to:

Saskatchewan
17%
Edmonton
19%
Winnipeg
3%
Montreal
12%
Ottawa
1%
Hamilton
4%
Calgary
6%
Nobody. 18-0
38%

Total votes: 77
bc49
Hall of Famer

Who do you guys think will be the first team to put a blemish on the Lions early purrfect season?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Realistically, I would have to say Edmonton.
bc49
Hall of Famer

I would agree with Edmonton, and more specifically in Edmonton.
That said some of the section17 crew are heading out that way in September to give a little home field advantage to our boys.
cromartie
Hall of Famer

At this point, I'd have to say....Riders, at Taylor Field, August 27th. And I didn't think at the beginning of the season I would be typing that, trust me.

Edmonton at home will be tough, as will the road game at Calgary, but the first one I'd be willing to wager money on, barring an injury situation, is that one.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Way to go Tommy. Now you've done it! You've gone and created the bad karma by initiating this poll. So I'm predicting it will be in Hamilton next Saturday.

Jeez don't you know anything about sports? Never mention "no-hitter" to the pitcher when he has one going. Never say the "S" word, shutout, to the goalie while he has one happening. And never, never create internet polls about first losses for undefeated football teams......unless you don't like that team. ;-)
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I was gonna say which ever was the first away game of SASK EDM or MTL, but that is so far away that I figure they will lose before that. Logic says then that it should be edmonton, but things hardly ever go as expected, so I am going to say calgary. :yes:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Yank In BC
Hall of Famer

Where is the "this poll is stupid becasue you just jinxed it and if they lose to Hamilton next week we will kick your ass" option?
I have my head up my butt - 120db
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I'm not voting. I don't want to look past Hamilton. We saw last year that Danny Mac is still capable of a big game.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Yank In BC wrote:Where is the "this poll is stupid becasue you just jinxed it and if they lose to Hamilton next week we will kick your ass" option?
I think the ones who jinxed are the ones who picked 18-0.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

bc49 wrote:I would agree with Edmonton, and more specifically in Edmonton.
That said some of the section17 crew are heading out that way in September to give a little home field advantage to our boys.
Charter ?
Rammer
Team Captain

Ahh Tommy, we said don't go and blow the karma.... :bang:
Entertainment value = an all time low
almo89
Legend

im gonna say calgary or winnipeg. I have this feeling that we can beat all the good teams but we will have some trouble on lower end teams
Lady_Lioness

I picked Saskatchewan. They always play us really tough and that was in years when they were below average or just average. This year so far I have been impressed with them and I think at Taylor field we will have our first loss. After the way Winnepeg played the Eskies, I think there are weaknesses there that we can exploit, but the Riders seem to be clicking on all cylinders and except for a brief meltdown against the Argos, they too would be undefeated.
OrangeShoes99
Hall of Famer

This poll was an attempt by Thomas to blow our karma and keep his green guys close I think.... :no:
http://www.cflfansfightcancer.com :: Ask me how you can help us raise money for Cancer research and treatment on behalf of CFL fans.