What should the Lions do with Casey Printers?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

What should the Lions do with Casey Printers?

Poll ended at Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:08 am

Sign him
88%
Trade him
6%
Sit him
6%

Total votes: 48
cromartie
Hall of Famer

roger_aldag wrote:Seems to be a lot of differing opinions on this one. And why are all the best QB's in the West?
Dear Roger,

We agree wholeheartedly on all of the good quarterbacks being in the west.

Sincerely,

Damon Allen, Anthony Calvillo, and Danny McManus
pumagirl

as i feared and Printers himself has confirmed, his toe or foot injury was more serious than what we were told. Printers himself has stated that he will not be ready to play for sure in preseason. I agree he is the best thing to happen to the lions since Dave and Wally were signed. However i also agree with the Lions staff to not sign a huge contract until after we see that the foot will be ok.
Glad to hear Printers (unlike Dave last year) will wait until he is totall healed before playing. Don't forget people Printers was offered probably the highest $$ i have heard of for a second year QB that has never played in a Grey Cup.
I too love the play and excitement that Printers brings to the field but let us also have some faith in our Lions ownership and staff as well. :wink:
roger_aldag
Rookie

cromartie wrote:
Dear Roger,

We agree wholeheartedly on all of the good quarterbacks being in the west.

Sincerely,

Damon Allen, Anthony Calvillo, and Danny McManus
Dude, most 2nd string QB's out west are better than Danny Mac. He's done.

Yes Calvillo and Allen are good but I'm saying there is way more depth at QB in the west.

Sincerely,

Casey Printers, Dave Dickenson, Henry Burris, Ricky Ray, Jason Maas, Nealon Greene.
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

Psst.... mr. aldag. I kinda think that's what he was saying. Ya know what I mean?
roger_aldag
Rookie

Oh,

I was thinking it was sarcasim. That's what I hate about reading posts. You can't properly guage the tone.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

roger_aldag wrote:Oh,

I was thinking it was sarcasim. That's what I hate about reading posts. You can't properly guage the tone.
for what its worth, I think I read it the same way you did.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
sj-roc
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll wrote:
roger_aldag wrote:Oh,

for what its worth, I think I read it the same way you did.
Yeah, it seemed to have that hypocritical format that Jim Rome fans (aka clones) use in emailing his radio show, but then there's an almost O. Henry-style surprise ending, with no hypocrisy.

This is probably the first message in this forum to mention O. Henry, and maybe the first one in any forum to mention him in the same sentence with Jim Rome :hypno:
Sports can be a peculiar thing. When partaking in fiction, like a book or movie, we adopt a "Willing Suspension of Disbelief" for enjoyment's sake. There's a similar force at work in sports: "Willing Suspension of Rationality". If you doubt this, listen to any conversation between rival team fans. You even see it among fans of the same team. Fans argue over who's the better QB or goalie, and selectively cite stats that support their views while ignoring those that don't.