Thumbs up or Thumbs down?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Do you like the New Uniforms

yes
58%
No
26%
Indifferent
16%

Total votes: 69
Grandmaster C
Starter

I love the new jerseys, but the one thing I don't like about them is the black stripe around the shoulders. That seems like an uneccessary addition to me.

Can't wait to see them in game action. :thup:
R.I.P. Bob
David
Team Captain

Dan_Payne_fan!! wrote:
Now if they'd gone with that exact same look, except a black helmet instead of silver, I'd be very happy right now.
how would the "BC" show though?
Good point DPF. However, I still think you'd see it because there is an orange border around the black "BC" but the orange Lions' head would definitely show. A black helmet with two slim orange stripes down the center would have looked choice!

IMO we'd look a little tougher with a little more black if our main color scheme is orange and white. It seems that DD is not a big fan of the white lids either.

Evidently, the club tried lots of different helmet options but felt that the logo would not show up as well on a black helmet. I also think they're looking to capture the (80's) nostalgia element.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
crburrows
Champion

David wrote:
Dan_Payne_fan!! wrote:
Now if they'd gone with that exact same look, except a black helmet instead of silver, I'd be very happy right now.
how would the "BC" show though?
Good point DPF. However, I still think you'd see it because there is an orange border around the black "BC" but the orange Lions' head would definitely show. A black helmet with two slim orange stripes down the center would have looked choice!

IMO we'd look a little tougher with a little more black if our main color scheme is orange and white. It seems that DD is not a big fan of the white lids either.

Evidently, the club tried lots of different helmet options but felt that the logo would not show up as well on a black helmet. I also think they're looking to capture the (80's) nostalgia element.

DH 8)
Better still, black helmet with orange pawprint.

BTW, "80's" and "nostalgia" in the same sentence? Now I'm feeling old.
Hungry Lion
Rookie

I did like the 50th anniversary uniform. I thought the helmet symbol with
the black paw was cool.

I am curious why they did not change to the 80's logo with the black lion
with BC in orange.

I think they need to get rid of the black line on the jersey.
Est Sularis oth Mithas - My Honour is My Life said by Sturm Brightblade from
Margret Weis & Tracy Hickman Dragonlance books.
Lionut
Hall of Famer

My worst fear has come to pass -- that fruity piping, the bane of modern football jerseys, has descended upon the CFL like the plague. On the positive side, the number font is pretty straight up, and not that weird, faux-futuristic Rollerball effort.

I fully realize that the jersey re-jigging isn't intended for old fans like me. If you listened to Wright's marketing-speak yesterday, it is clear that this is aimed at (surprise!) that elusive youth market with beaucoup de disposable income for what they consider to be cool game jerseys. What you see before you, however, is what happens when your league turns itself over to corporate sponsors, and they in turn worship at the altar of focus groups.
"Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory lasts forever."
MacNews
Team Captain

Lionut wrote:...I fully realize that the jersey re-jigging isn't intended for old fans like me. If you listened to Wright's marketing-speak yesterday, it is clear that this is aimed at (surprise!) that elusive youth market with beaucoup de disposable income for what they consider to be cool game jerseys...
If it's geared at the youth market segment, then how come a Lions jersey with no name or number is more expensive than an NFL jersey with a name and number on it? :?

My friend got a Tom Brady jersey for $80 I believe, yet a similar Lions jersey is $160. :shock:
Last edited by MacNews on Wed May 04, 2005 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D
Team Captain

whatever :juggle:
I own The Grey Cup! .com
ThreeTimesOneMinusOne
Champion

Exactly what Grandmaster C said. That stripe up top is distracting.

But I don't care as long as they just keep winning.
Rammer
Team Captain

Having listened to Brent Johnson and Geroy Simon's attempts at trying to say something positive worries me somewhat. Neither gave a thumbs up on the colour, something that should be considered when re-signing players comes around. Sounds like a silly reason to me, but both of their reactions seem to leave some leariness towards this move.
Entertainment value = an all time low
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I cant imagine the look of a jersey affecting someones willingness to sign with a team??

I would have played in a tutu if I had to, given the chance.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll wrote: I would have played in a tutu if I had to, given the chance.
Well, I don't know about football, but I know some people would tailgate in a tutu if given the chance. :lol:
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Lionheart wrote:
KnowItAll wrote: I would have played in a tutu if I had to, given the chance.
Well, I don't know about football, but I know some people would tailgate in a tutu if given the chance. :lol:
well, please do post pics when it happens :yes: :lol:
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Lionheart
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll wrote:well, please do post pics when it happens :yes: :lol:
Oh it's happened, but I aint posting that pic. I'll lose valuable cooler space.

You're just gonna have to come out to a tailgater fer yerself.
Rammer
Team Captain

Lionheart wrote:
KnowItAll wrote:well, please do post pics when it happens :yes: :lol:
Oh it's happened, but I aint posting that pic. I'll lose valuable cooler space.

You're just gonna have to come out to a tailgater fer yerself.
He could always ask LFitQ for a second running of it.....but I didn't say anything, understand.
Entertainment value = an all time low