Thumbs up or Thumbs down?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Do you like the New Uniforms

yes
58%
No
26%
Indifferent
16%

Total votes: 69
Rammer
Team Captain

Let us hear your voting for the new Reebok uni's.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Honour Dewalt
Champion

I like the complete uniform. We were all mostly liking the orange jersey idea so we can't complain. As far as white numbers instead of black on the home jerseys, I know for fact that the coaches didn't like the black numbers on the 50th Anniversary jersey. They had a hard time seeing the numbers while watching game tapes. I guess they didn't stand out as well.

I definitely like the white helmet. I did like the silver, but it ran its course. It had a good long 14 yr run. I welcome the change.
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

YES YES YES YES YES!!!!
2012 Season Ticket Holder
Bosco
Team Captain

I guess we'll get used to them, but they don't exactly thrill me :sigh: - hopefully the black jerseys will have a little more pizzazz.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

I wont be sure until game time.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Ballistic Bob
Legend

wont be sure until game time.
Does this mean your coming to a game to see for yourself. BB
Wear orange or wear nothing
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Ballistic Bob wrote:
I am sure I will make it out to at least one, but I will not miss a single televised game. Get better close ups by way of tv. All the better to assess how the uniforms look on the tube.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Rammer
Team Captain

KnowItAll wrote:
Ballistic Bob wrote:
I am sure I will make it out to at least one, but I will not miss a single televised game. Get better close ups by way of tv. All the better to assess how the uniforms look on the tube.
Going to have to get you to watch some of the Lions commercials, it applys more to you than anyone else I know. :yes: :sigh:
Entertainment value = an all time low
David
Team Captain

Am I the only one here who prefers the orange 50th Anniversary uniform? I actually preferred it when they played in the regular pants toward the end of the season as opposed to the all-black pants.

Now if they'd gone with that exact same look, except a black helmet instead of silver, I'd be very happy right now.

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Honour Dewalt
Champion

I didn't mind that look either, but i think they are going for the eighties look. Ackles has done alot to bring the fans back, and this might be another move to remind the fans of those days. Is the Good Times Football song next? "Gooood Times Football....is back in tooown. Goood times football....has got the croooowd just rockin...and rollin....from ennnnnd to ennnd. Goood times football is back again." or something like that. Anyone remember that? I think it was a couple years after Ackles left.
Joshua

I think the Lions have the leagues best uniforms now

thumbs up on ditching the nasty silver helmets also
Honour Dewalt
Champion

i'm still tryin to find a decent full size, full body pic of a player in the uniform witrh the helmet. why is this so hard to find?
Dan_Payne_fan!!
Hall of Famer

Now if they'd gone with that exact same look, except a black helmet instead of silver, I'd be very happy right now.
how would the "BC" show though?
2012 Season Ticket Holder
JC82

I do not like most of them. They all look very similar and quite frankly, very ugly. I do however love the Lion's new uniforms. They look very throwback, just how I like 'em. I voted yes, simply because of BC's new ones, but thumbs down for most of the others. :thdn:
bc49
Hall of Famer

I am holding FINAL judgement on the jersies until I can see them in live game action or the very least on television. However I did manage to have a gander at the back page of the Province newspaper this AM and the full size photo of the new unis is the best (and largest) photo I have seen of the new gear and on the strength of that I gave the Lions new unis a thumbs up. That orange is going to look great with the new turf. :thup:
Oh yeah and the white helmets do kick ass.

And remember when the retro jersies came out last year the number one complaint I heard was that the numbers should be white with black trim as opposed to black with white trim - and white with black trim is what we're looking at this year.