When did you become a Lions' fan

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Which decade did you become a Lions' fan?

1950s
5%
1960s
18%
1970s
14%
1980s
33%
1990s
18%
2000s
13%

Total votes: 110
3rd Down

....nice! ... "The Fumble" is HUGE in my mind ... hope to meet you this year at a tailgate ...

..by the way ... to me .. nothin was sweeter than 'Herman into DD' in Calgary ... at the WDF in 2000 ... wer're (sp?) at that?

ps .. who was that Stump QB ... that we intercepted a ton ... in the secondf half ..
ThreeTimesOneMinusOne
Champion

^No, I haven't been to any Lions games outside of the Dome. Actually, at the time of the 2000 playoff run, I was bedridden and had a cast on my leg, so I just watched the games in bed and taped them while my brother was at work.

I totally remember DD getting injured. At the goal-line, I think it was. Can't remember who the Stamps backup was, though.
3rd Down

ThreeTimesOneMinusOne wrote:^No, I haven't been to any Lions games outside of the Dome. Actually, at the time of the 2000 playoff run, I was bedridden and had a cast on my leg, so I just watched the games in bed and taped them while my brother was at work.

I totally remember DD getting injured. At the goal-line, I think it was. Can't remember who the Stamps backup was, though.
DD ..meh, ... 3x1-1 ... got taken down ... just before half time in q2 of the 2000 WDF ... in the second half of that game ... the Stumps brought in another qb ... forgot his name .. but he threw a ton of picks ... sorry about your bad leg .. kewl for your brother tryin to keep you involved ....

..by the way .. are you a DD guy ... or into Caseymania? ... thanks
melo
All Star

Can't remember who the Stamps backup was, though.
Mike Cawley=4 interceptions
"LET'S GO LIONS!" *boom boom boom-boom-boom*
ThreeTimesOneMinusOne
Champion

3rd Down wrote:DD ..meh, ... 3x1-1 ... got taken down ... just before half time in q2 of the 2000 WDF ... in the second half of that game ... the Stumps brought in another qb ... forgot his name .. but he threw a ton of picks ... sorry about your bad leg .. kewl for your brother tryin to keep you involved ....

..by the way .. are you a DD guy ... or into Caseymania? ... thanks
Well, I would've watched the games no matter what, no matter how sick I was. You don't miss playoff games. It's a good thing he asked me to tape the games because I still have them on tape.

I'm a Casey guy, myself. Big on him. And he's top notch at escaping the rush. But whoever the Lions put in, I believe in. It's all good. Doesn't mean I don't like DD. Heck, even Spergeon did some good things last season that made me change my mind about him, somewhat.
TROOPER

melo wrote:
Can't remember who the Stamps backup was, though.
Mike Cawley=4 interceptions
Good memory Melo I would have never came up with that one :thup:. I was thinking about Troy Kopp who was back up to DD when he went down earlier in the 2000 season. But, he was released in September of that year.
Leothelion
All Star

it was 1957 and Willie fleming was returning punts out of the end zone in the last quarter to preserve a 7-7 tie. It was most exciting to watch willie received a punt 20 yards deep and get out to the one yard line. Hurrah for the single point. What excitement. I was a lion fan from that point forward.

leo
3rd Down

...must have been a few years later, Leo

Willie didn't join us until 59 ... after helping Iowa win the Rose Bowl
PigSkin_53
Hall of Famer

Leothelion wrote:it was 1957 and Willie fleming was returning punts out of the end zone in the last quarter to preserve a 7-7 tie. It was most exciting to watch willie received a punt 20 yards deep and get out to the one yard line. Hurrah for the single point. What excitement. I was a lion fan from that point forward.

leo
Got to agree with 3rd Down on this one Leo!

Willie must have been a rookie in '59 because he hit his prime in '63/'64, where he was effectively cut down by Moska, that SOB!
"Just Win Baby" ~ Al Davis
saskfan
Champion

When Saskatchewan bought the team?
Gotta like those Renegades, but LOVE those Riders!
3rd Down

saskfan wrote:When Saskatchewan bought the team?
LOL!

Lucky the Rider's late 20s early 1930's Grey Cup "record" ... rarely gets mentioned!!
bc49
Hall of Famer

David wrote:...and later as a teenager would snap pencils in my bedroom.
That's the first time I've ever heard it called that.
3rd Down

bc49 wrote:
Zing ... good one Tommy

...remember in the dark days of 1997-8 ... wandering around looking for Lion's jerseys in DIX!

Hi pal ... wanna beer! ... Lionheart too!
David
Team Captain

bc49 wrote:
What I meant - and I thought this would be crystal clear but let me break it down for those with a one track mind - is that I used to listen to the radio in my bedroom to some heartbreaking Lions losses. In addition to kicking clothes on the floor and abusing furniture, I would take a pencil(s) from my desk where I was doing my homework and snap it in two.

Disfunctional and extreme? Slightly. But better to abuse a pencil all through one's youth than....something else, right Tommy? :wink:

DH 8)
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Shi Zi Mi
Hall of Famer

Abusing furniture !!! :shock: .........that's sick !!!! :lol:
Lloyd