RIP Craig Roh

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Quite shocking news this morning to read that former Lion Craig Roh passed away at the far too young age of 33 after an 18 month battle with colon cancer.

https://3downnation.com/2024/02/28/form ... way-at-33/
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
David
Team Captain

Really sad news. Super nice guy. Started his career as a defensive end with the Leos but I thought really came into his own with the Bombers.

Gone far too soon. RIP.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I was shocked and saddened to hear of his passing. He was a great student and teacher of the game who regularly shared coaching tips and videos to his many online followers, myself included.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Very sad news and far too young. Tough time for the Bighill family as well with Craig and Adam being close with their time together in BC and Winnipeg.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Way too young.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Tragic for such a young man and unthinkable sadness for his wife and family.

A nice story featurinig another class person Adam Bighill on the Bombers website.

Sounds like his wife has a sense of humour like golfer Adam Hadwin's wife:
Dedicated to his craft and an empathetic teammate, Roh worked tirelessly to establish himself as a force at the defensive end position earning the nickname ‘Death Roh’ – a moniker he joked about when joining the Blue Bombers in free agency.

“My wife Chelsea calls me a huge cornball,” Roh said with a laugh in an interview with bluebombers.com upon his signing with Winnipeg in February of 2018. “The ‘Death Roh’ personal is strictly from sacking quaterbacks. My wife jokes, ‘You look intimidating… until you open your mouth and then you remove all doubt.”
https://www.bluebombers.com/2024/02/28/ ... r-go-away/
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy