Lions sign QB Dolegala

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

don corleone
All Star

Best of luck to the good fans of the Riders. They have been a patient lot and a credit to the league for the consistent show of support for their team.

I agree that they are going to play Harris. It's not what I would do.

If I am a defensive coordinator playing the Riders the first thing I think is he won't be running and will check down underneath more often than he will throw a deep ball. It may take away from Sam Emilus as a deep threat. Other qb's maybe not so sure about.

As for a soft schedule, I pick Edmonton in week 1 and think they will have their hands full with Hamilton. Does the plan change if they are 0 - 3 heading to Toronto? Can always spend more money next on free agents next year.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

don corleone wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:11 am
Best of luck to the good fans of the Riders. They have been a patient lot and a credit to the league for the consistent show of support for their team.

I agree that they are going to play Harris. It's not what I would do.

If I am a defensive coordinator playing the Riders the first thing I think is he won't be running and will check down underneath more often than he will throw a deep ball. It may take away from Sam Emilus as a deep threat. Other qb's maybe not so sure about.

As for a soft schedule, I pick Edmonton in week 1 and think they will have their hands full with Hamilton. Does the plan change if they are 0 - 3 heading to Toronto? Can always spend more money next on free agents next year.
Harris won't need to run because instead he can just hand off or pitch out to Ouellette, one of the CFL's top RBs.
don corleone
All Star

DanoT wrote:
Sat Apr 27, 2024 6:46 am
Harris won't need to run because instead he can just hand off or pitch out to Ouellette, one of the CFL's top RBs.
Ouellette is probably doing sit-ups as I write this and good thing because he is going to get pounded. Him staying healthy will be a feat on its own. I do like him as a player but there is nothing that warrants him to be the highest paid import rb. Toronto came out ahead in that deal with Carey for less money imo.

Of interest to me will be the play of Thomas Bertrand-Hudon and Bruno LaBelle. Those guys are the building blocks (literally) that they need to develop. I hope they do well.

My point is if you give Mason Fine the O line they are giving Trevor Harris he will do just as well. Chad Kelly did okay in his first year.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

One of the best features of 3 Down Nation is breaking down the top paid players in the league at each position going into the season. Today they start with top paid QBs with Dolegala and of course VA making the top 15 list. No sign of Prokup.

https://3downnation.com/2024/05/07/the- ... 24-season/

13) Jake Dolegala, B.C. Lions (A)

Hard money: $110,800
Maximum value: $172,800

The 27-year-old earned a $15,000 signing bonus when he joined the Lions in free agency along with $82,000 in base salary and $13,800 in housing. He can earn $3,055.55 each time he takes more than half B.C.’s offensive snaps in a regular season game along with $3,000 if he’s named a West Division all-star and $4,000 if he’s named a CFL all-star.

6) Vernon Adams Jr., B.C. Lions (A)

Hard money: $403,800
Maximum value: $403,800

The 31-year-old set all-new career-highs this past season and cashed in with a three-year contract extension that included a $200,000 signing bonus. Adams Jr. can earn a $155,000 base salary, a $15,000 training bonus, $13,800 in housing, a $10,000 travel bonus, and $10,000 in non-football-related services to the team.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

BC Fan, I too liked the 3 Down breakdown as it's clear and accessible all in one place.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy