RIP Eskinator

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Very sad news from the CFL fan fraternity. We lost Brian Edwards aka "Eskinator" overnight. Brian was a very staunch and proud fan not just of his Eskimos and now Elks but of the CFL and all its teams and fellow fans. He cherished the friendships he'd fostered with fans of all stripes. I first met him at the 96 Grey Cup in Hamilton. We've tipped back beers and enjoyed each others company at every Grey Cup since and at many games at BC Place and Commonwealth. He was planning on beimg at BCP for the Elks first visit on Aug 19. He'd already added Elks clothing to his wardrobe and had apparently applied for a new ELKN8OR licence plate to replace his long held ESKN8OR plate.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

That is very sad. My condolences on the loss of your friend. He sounds like he was a very decent guy and a dedicated CFL fan. I hope his family comes through the loss with a minimum of pain.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

That is shocking news. I just saw a post from him a couple of days ago under his new Elkinator moniker.
David
Team Captain

RIP. Shocking news. Brian was a great, genuine guy. He just loved the CFL and its fans. While I can't say we were friends per se, we certainly knew each other by name and I would always stop and say hello when he was in town to watch his Eskimos play the Leos. Just huge, unexpected and sad news. I just read on Twitter something he wrote to Michael Reilly's Dad and mentioning seeing him when the Ells come to BCP in August.

To show you his dedication, he was also an Argos' season ticket holder. My condolences to his family and many friends. Devastating.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Hambone
Hall of Famer

Blue In BC
Hall of Famer

A very sad and unfortunate happening. Brian was one of the best, friendliest people I've ever met. I enjoyed spending time with him in person on FB.

RIP Brian Edwards
Rammer
Team Captain

A CFL fan that lived and breathed the game. His name always popped up fan websites across the league.

As others have said, way to early for his departure, RIP.
Entertainment value = an all time low
Hambone
Hall of Famer

According to Eskinator/Elkinator's wife Linda there will be a little feature on Brian at some point during the 3rd quarter of tonight's Ott/Edm game.