Joe Kapp (watching 2 minute warning)

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

cms22
Starter

2 Minute Warning is now on youtube... watching it. couldn't figure out who the QB was. then it dawned on me. looks like Joe Kapp ( I had known in the past that he did some TV/movie work but certainly wasn't tip of my tongue.

so I googled Joe... of course, the Mosca saga that continued until recently

other things I didn't know:

1) he was traded from CFL to NFL... who was he traded for. one of the few CFL/NFL trades.

2) Super Bowl QB (losing)... I vaguely knew that in the past.. some problems getting re-signed after that LOL

3) I thought I was football-savvy knowing Fran Tarkenton was a NY Giant before a Viking... but it turns out he was 2-time pro bowl Viking QB before going to NYC. i.e. he was Viking twice.

don't tell me the ending on 2 Minute Warning. I love Charlton Heston "hero movies". i.e. Airport 75... 2 Minute Warning is one of the few movies that went back and reshot big portions of the movie for re-release (like John P Getty movie recently.. and not sure where it played originally. cinema movie or TV movie.
cms22
Starter

if you know your BC Lion/Canadian football history, pretty obvious who Kapp was traded for.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

cms22 wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 9:52 pm
if you know your BC Lion/Canadian football history, pretty obvious who Kapp was traded for.
Dirty 30 Jim Young
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

TheLionKing wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 10:07 pm
cms22 wrote:
Sun May 02, 2021 9:52 pm
Dirty 30 Jim Young
Ok you CFL history buffs, Jim Young was one of the few at the time to play Canadian university football and then sign in the NFL and he was a draft pick of the Argos. What compensation did the Argos get as part of the Vikings-Lions trade deal? I do not know the answer so it is a legit question.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Mel Profit Bill Symons ?