2021 season

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Reg18
Starter

And now it's early June 2021. Vaccinations are flying arms at high rates and now we are close to havingb80% of eligible adults with at least one dose new cases are trending lower as well and hospitalizations. Im very optimistic that we will be playing this year cheer up we ate getting there. Encourage people to get their shots.. We've signed many interesting players and its going to be a competitive interesting camp
Hazmat
Rookie

Get your shots and get a stroke and almost die like my relative. Why anyone would get an untested non FDA approved mRNA (gene editing) kill shot is beside me. Does anyone know what an antibody is? What are the long term side effects of these "mirace" vaccines? Does anyone know? mRNA shots have NEVER successfully worked, rats die in 6 months which equates to 5 years in humans. Smarten up people, would you stick your hand in a wood chipper?
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Not another Covidiot
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Reg18 wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 6:51 pm
And now it's early June 2021. Vaccinations are flying arms at high rates and now we are close to havingb80% of eligible adults with at least one dose new cases are trending lower as well and hospitalizations. Im very optimistic that we will be playing this year cheer up we ate getting there. Encourage people to get their shots.. We've signed many interesting players and its going to be a competitive interesting camp
I'm in the 60-64 group. Just got my invite to book my 2nd shot this morning, only 7 weeks after getting the 1st dose. I booked for the 29th whi h will be just under 9 weeks between shots. Things are indeed accelerating.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

I was emailing my new rep the other day. He figures they'll have their plan together for the capacity restricted opener and ready to communicate to the season ticket holders within 2 weeks.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

An interesting tidbit from the email to ST holders from the Lions this afternoon asking if ST holders want to relocate. I don't quite understand what difference it makes if the home and visiting benches flip sides this season. Only possible thing I can come up with mught be locations of locker rooms under the stadium.

**Due to league COVID protocols regarding player interactions in the stadium, the benches for the home and visiting teams will be switching sides for the 2021 season. Going forward in 2022 both benches will be located on the North side of the stadium (Beatty St side). We appreciate this may be important to some of our fans. The survey is our chance to log your preference. We can look to make adjustments this season, or, Lions staff can reach out during the off season following the completion of the 2021 season.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Hambone wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:12 pm
An interesting tidbit from the email to ST holders from the Lions this afternoon asking if ST holders want to relocate. I don't quite understand what difference it makes if the home and visiting benches flip sides this season. Only possible thing I can come up with mught be locations of locker rooms under the stadium.

**Due to league COVID protocols regarding player interactions in the stadium, the benches for the home and visiting teams will be switching sides for the 2021 season. Going forward in 2022 both benches will be located on the North side of the stadium (Beatty St side). We appreciate this may be important to some of our fans. The survey is our chance to log your preference. We can look to make adjustments this season, or, Lions staff can reach out during the off season following the completion of the 2021 season.
I couldn’t understand the reason for the switch but now it makes sense. The Lions’ locker room is located on what was the visitors’ side of the stadium and the visitors’ locker room is under my end-zone seats on the south side. With the changes this year, players won’t have to cross paths to come and go from the field.

The key news in that team email is that the Lions are assuring all season ticket holders that they will be accommodated at the home opener on Aug. 19.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:00 pm

I couldn’t understand the reason for the switch but now it makes sense. The Lions’ locker room is located on what was the visitors’ side of the stadium and the visitors’ locker room is under my end-zone seats on the south side. With the changes this year, players won’t have to cross paths to come and go from the field.

The key news in that team email is that the Lions are assuring all season ticket holders that they will be accommodated at the home opener on Aug. 19.
You only have to adjust to Lions on the left, bad guys on the right. I'll definitely want to relocate. Going back to when I had partial STs the last couple of years at Empire I've always sat behind the Lions bench. Occasionally in years at BCP when I didn't have STs I wound up sitting with the Section 17 gang. It felt just plain wrong to be sitting on the visitor's side.

PS: See you in Kamloops on the 24th instead of 17th. Had a chance to get in a golf tournament here in PG on the 17th & 18th so I'm flipping weekends for the road trip.
Reg18
Starter

Great news tofay fro dr Henry. Outdoor events will be allowed with up to 50% cspaciy. I am willing to go out on a limb and say that come game tiimeses there will be no restrictions first order of business will be to celebrate bour health care workers with a nice package of free admission for them and any family they want to bring and free snacks and a beer. Include dr henry and asdk her and all health care workers to stand and take bow so the crowd can show their appreciation great PR and attract another demographic by inviting them to bring families with them..
Reg18
Starter

And a nice promotion for the second home game might be to offer fre admission to those families who had their nincomes advertsely affectedf by thepandemic. Not sure how to manage it but it would bve a nice gesture and goodvwill that is hard to buy and the goal should be to fill the stadium
Reg18
Starter

And for families that do come give them a voucher for a kifds free game layer in the season. Get them in the habitnof coming to the stadium
Reg18
Starter

For the healthcatre workerts nite.give them a number they can call to order snacs and a beer delivered to their seat and have runners tasking the food and beer to them and I bet they will order more during the game. Give them the first orderr free and then give them a specialmpackage price. Maye 10$ for a beet and a burger.casll it a health care workets recognition package.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Reg18 wrote:
Tue Jun 29, 2021 5:59 pm
Great news tofay fro dr Henry. Outdoor events will be allowed with up to 50% cspaciy. I am willing to go out on a limb and say that come game tiimeses there will be no restrictions first order of business will be to celebrate bour health care workers with a nice package of free admission for them and any family they want to bring and free snacks and a beer. Include dr henry and asdk her and all health care workers to stand and take bow so the crowd can show their appreciation great PR and attract another demographic by inviting them to bring families with them..
From around 5,000 to now to potentially 13,000. That was surprising and terrific news for the club yesterday. Sure looking forward to the Elks' visit in August. From JJ Adams' story in the province:
“It’s a pleasant surprise, for sure,” said Leos president Rick LeLacheur. “The plan we filed, it was for a limited amount — up to 5,000 in the first game — so hopefully we can do twice as many as that. I’m sure that there’ll be some details that we’ll have to follow, and we’ll be working with BC Place and Coastal Health and the provincial health office to make sure that we follow any rules that are in place. We’re very much looking forward to it.”
BC 1988
Legend

Modified quarantine rules approved for CFL players entering Canada for training camps. I saw earlier that the Federal Gov't has kicked in for all the required PCR tests (apparently they have a massive excess inventory that was going to go to waste anyway).
https://www.tsn.ca/canadian-government- ... -1.1662369
Hambone
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:00 pm
Hambone wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 4:12 pm

My ticket rep had reached out to me yesterday regarding the ST Holder Credit Program. TBH not much they are offering really stands out as "hey I want that". I'm not into jerseys or autographs so might wind up taking the team store GC for lack or better alternatives or see if I can't just roll the credit over to 2022 STs. On another note though I asked him about the 2022 move to have both benches on the same sideline. He advised that initiative came at the direction of the CFL as "something they wanted to try". It wasn't something the Lions decided to do on their own.