Rick Klassen Highlights

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

cklassen87
prospect

Hi B.C. Lions fans,

Some of you might remember my dad Rick Klassen from his time with the team in the 80s. I recently compiled all the highlights I have of him. Hope you enjoy!

Feel free to comment on the memories you have of him as a player!

SammyGreene
Team Captain

Great stuff! Loved your dad as a player. Tremendous athlete. Still recall him converting to a d-lineman and leading the Lions to an upset win in Winnipeg in 1981 Western Semi-Final. His player introduction entrance along with Nick Hebeler's were epic!
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Klassen was a great player in arguably the best era for BC Lions in quality players, coach, and fans in the stands in huge numbers.

I enjoyed the video.
David
Team Captain

Awesome. Thank you!! I really miss the days of having so many of our Non-Imports from our own back yard. Gave me an extra reason to cheer.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

Nice job! Real good to see your select highlights featuring your dad motoring toward opposing QBs again! Thanks for sharing. Rick was 5 years my junior so I'd graduated from Sardis by the time he arrived to join the high school's Falcons. As I'm sure you know, but others here might not, the sports field will be named in his honour -- Rick Klassen Field -- this coming fall. https://www.theprogress.com/news/sardis ... k-klassen/ Good stuff! Like others here have said, he gave us extra good reason to cheer like crazy for a homegrown kid -- and a big man.