Chris Schultz

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

I know activity here has been light recently but I'm surprised nobody has posted about Chris yet. This is a big loss to the CFL community.

https://www.cfl.ca/2021/03/05/oleary-ca ... s-schultz/

There's a little more discussion, obviously, on Argofans

http://www.argofans.com/showthread.php? ... assed-away
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Schultz was a larger than life character. I’ve always respected his football insights but I’ve appreciated hearing stories in recent days about his meticulous preparation, shyness, technophobia, approachability, kindness and generosity.
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

My eyes welled up and over several times when I came upon the sad news yesterday of his sudden passing the previous day. It affected me, truly. Chris Schultz was the one panelist I would look forward to hearing from on t.v. game day. The other guys would yammer on, and I'd put up with it, just to get to his segments, as his contributions were always an education for this fan. Both his efficient manner of delivery and his insightful content time and time again impressed me. Articulate and lucid. I found Chris to be very special that way. Adding to that, his obvious good-natured humour... well, I'll be missing him, this I know. I'll remember him well.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Schultz was my fav TSN panelist Once he stopped being part of the TSN panel, I watched it a lot less.

It was his insight into the mind and thought processes of the players that I appreciated most.
BC 1988
Legend

61 years old of a heart attack--gone way too soon. RIP Schultzy.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

So tragic. Like DANO the TSN panel hasn't been the same without. him. Terrific knowledge, passion and enthusiasm for the league. RIP
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

It was a sad moment for me and my football friends when I heard the news. I don't really know why he left the TSN panel but I seem to recall that it might have been health related. Regardless, he seemed to be a very genuine and kind individual who is gone too soon. I'm sure his family is hurting and I hope that they find comfort in the knowledge that he was extremely well liked and respected by football fans all across this country.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Schultz left us way too soon. Condolences to his family and friends.
Huge Talent
Starter

RIP. Sad news.