Bryan Burnham re-signs with BC

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

BC 1988
Legend

1040 just announced that Bryan Burnham re-signs with BC. Don Taylor said they hope to interview him some time today.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Burnham will be on with Donnie & The Moj at 11:30.

https://www.bclions.com/2021/02/01/burn ... ys-orange/
Last edited by Hambone on Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Great news for the Lions. He's a fan favourite and game-changer. According to 3downnation.com, Winnipeg offered him more money during the CFL negotiating window but he turned it down to stay with the Lions.
BC 1988
Legend

As an update, the Lions did not disclose the terms, but (according to Rick Dhaliwal) it's a one year deal. BB16 is supposed to be on with Donnie & the Moj this morning at 11:30 .
Last edited by BC 1988 on Mon Feb 01, 2021 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dusty
Champion

Thank goodness...... glad to have him back with us.... Next up, the D-Line....
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Well thank goodness for that. It would have been very sad to lose him.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
David
Team Captain

I believe this signing gives us one of the best receiving corps in the league. :thup:

Bryan Burnham and Lemar Durant at Slot
Shaq Johnson and Dominique Rhymes at Wideout

(plus rotational players such Jacob Scarfone, maybe Caleb Holley and Devon Bailey who are still unsigned and any street free agents who impress at camp).

Maybe not at Edmonton's level but I wouldn't sleep on 1,000 yarder Rhymes, who's a 6'4" ball hawk who hasn't yet played with an elite quarterback like Mike Reilly.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Bosco
Team Captain

That is a HUGE relief!

Receiving corps looks vey solid....now if only we can have a season!
Hambone
Hall of Famer

David wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:22 am
I believe this signing gives us one of the best receiving corps in the league. :thup:

(plus rotational players such Jacob Scarfone, maybe Caleb Holley and Devon Bailey who are still unsigned and any street free agents who impress at camp).

Maybe not at Edmonton's level but I wouldn't sleep on 1,000 yarder Rhymes, who's a 6'4" ball hawk who hasn't yet played with an elite quarterback like Mike Reilly.

Still have :cr: for Cottoy to opt back in or otherwise be re-signed. That would be icing on the receiving cake.
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

Hambone wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:57 am
David wrote:

Still have :cr: for Cottoy to opt back in or otherwise be re-signed. That would be icing on the receiving cake.
My thought exactly! The BB16 news is wonderful. And the return of Cottoy would make the best "icing" in the league.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Here's an audio link to Burnham's TSN 1040 interview with Donnie and the Moj:
https://post.futurimedia.com/ckstam/pla ... 29548.html
KnightofCydonia
Starter

Huge sigh of relief! So excited he's back. This signing is good for the team and the league.

Loving the receiver lineup so far.
Murdoch
All Star

David wrote:

Rhymes will be a nice addition and having Burnham on the team gives all receivers more space. Johnson and Durant establishing themselves as prime time would be big.

It was the right move for the team and community. The entire city will know the news.
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

Here's Burnham one-on-one interview video with Matt Baker from the Lion's website; https://www.bclions.com/2021/02/01/1-on ... ck-orange/
Real nice reminder of all the reasons why so many of us wanted this to happen. A gentleman athlete for sure.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

Murdoch wrote:
Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:22 pm

It was the right move for the team and community. The entire city will know the news.
It also puts in place a key piece in the marketing campaign. Reilly & Burnham are definitely #1 and #1A when it comes to "Face-Of-The-Franchise" players for team marketing purposes.

One fun little tidbit in Burnham's radio interview was his mention of Hamilton QB Dane Evans as being one of his workout buddies in Tulsa. Both are Tulsa Golden Hurricane alumni but didn't play together. 2012 was Burnham's senior season. 2013 was Evans freshman season.