Wonderful community gesture by the Lions.

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Per their website they are donating over $26,000 worth of toddlers and youths jerseys to 3 lower mainland charities; Lower Mainland Christmas Bureau, Surrey Christmas Bureau and Options Community Services.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I saw that. I suspect they're all unsold Adidas jerseys from 2016-19. Current jerseys made by New Era look almost identical. The donated jerseys are still newer than anything in my closet. My newest jerseys are plain orange Reebok ones that were given away to season ticketholders in the 2015 season, I believe.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

B.C.FAN wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 4:48 pm
I saw that. I suspect they're all unsold Adidas jerseys from 2016-19. Current jerseys made by New Era look almost identical. The donated jerseys are still newer than anything in my closet. My newest jerseys are plain orange Reebok ones that were given away to season ticketholders in the 2015 season, I believe.
Other than my 3 game worns my newest and only one is my white #24 Mervyn Fernandez replica with the "Grey Cup Tour 1983-Today" nMe bar. Lol. I just donated that Reebok one you mentioned to Friends Diner here in Mazatlan. They had a variety of different jerseys and other swag from CFL, NFL, NHL, CHL, MLB etc adorning their walls and ceilings but lost a lot of it during a break-in when they were shuttered back in September. They figured the thieves were camped in there undetected for several days. Anything of any value was taken. Jerseys, copper wiring, food, booze, plumbing fixtures, TVs, and even the entire security system. Lots of the sports stuff has been replenished thanks to the regulars who have come back down. The Lions jersey which had never been worn and some other things I brought are prominently displayed. Still too much Rider stuff for my liking.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Nice way of getting unwanted merchandise and some advertising along with it.