Mike Reilly, Lemar Durant restructure contracts

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Islander
prospect

I keep wondering about just what CFL season will look like. Given the 2 vaccines already approved, and hopefully a 3rd on the way (the one from Oxford and co.) it would seem like it's only a matter of time before this pandemic is a thing of the past. The timing though, might be interesting. I'm betting the league is planning on a somewhat of a hub model, until perhaps the fall. Dr. Bonnie Henry is saying she expects all B.C. citizens to be vaccinated by the fall. Does that necessarily mean there will be tickets sold in B.C. Place though? I'm not so sure.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Islander wrote:
Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:10 pm
I keep wondering about just what CFL season will look like. Given the 2 vaccines already approved, and hopefully a 3rd on the way (the one from Oxford and co.) it would seem like it's only a matter of time before this pandemic is a thing of the past. The timing though, might be interesting. I'm betting the league is planning on a somewhat of a hub model, until perhaps the fall. Dr. Bonnie Henry is saying she expects all B.C. citizens to be vaccinated by the fall. Does that necessarily mean there will be tickets sold in B.C. Place though? I'm not so sure.
Really hard to guess where things will be come scheduled start of training camp. With the various authorities allowing NHL clubs to play out of their home arenas it should be no problem for the CFL to come to some sort of similar arrangement which would be much cheaper than any bubble concept. As for fans in the stands again that will depend on health authorities and where we are in terms of vaccination and the raw numbers come Wk 1 six months from now.

One thing the Lions could have in their favor is to use all of BC Place in a restricted attendance format. Normally Pavco who were the ones who directed the Lions to close the upper bowl in the first place would be against reopening it for a max of say 20% capacity. This time around they may jump at the chance to generate some cash flow.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.