Randy Ambrosie optimistic about 2021

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

BC 1988
Legend

Re: Randy Ambrosie optimistic about 2021

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040 ... -1.1554109
Ambrosie was just on TSN 1040 with Donnie & the Moj (Rick Dhaliwal filling in). Good interview, not all softball questions. Ambrosie declined to comment directly about the Reilly contract issue.

Unrelated--there is a JJ Adams Vancouver Sun article that says the schedule will be released tomorrow. It's unintentionally funny, since now LeLacheur is using reasoning like the season being so far away, they can safely assume things will be okay by then BUT "we just don't know" (and not have CFL games end up being a scoreboard cancelled punchline like it was all this year.)

Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG and back working in Mackenzie for the next few months.

BC 1988 wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:47 am

I agree that (given the appearance by Reilly) the Lions are probably working towards resolving the issue (without it going to arbitration).
Without knowing how US tax laws and years work or if Reilly pays everything under Canada but I'm thinking he would rather report that as 2020 income as opposed to adding it to his 2021 income.

You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
BC 1988
Legend

https://www.tsn.ca/radio/vancouver-1040 ... -1.1555931
Lelacheur on with Halford & Brough this morning. Great interview, they covered all the challenges facing the Lions (some of which Lelacheur did not really want to talk about.) It turns out that the Reilly arbitration hearing will likely be happening in January-February.

David
MVP
MVP

Thanks for posting BC 1988. The big news for me from this interview is that Ed Hervey won't be replaced by another GM. Rick Campbell and Neil McEvoy will jointly take over duties for the foreseeable future. No word about Geroy.

DH :cool:

Roar, You Lions, Roar
B.C.FAN
MVP
MVP

David wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 12:22 pm
Thanks for posting BC 1988. The big news for me from this interview is that Ed Hervey won't be replaced by another GM. Rick Campbell and Neil McEvoy will jointly take over duties for the foreseeable future. No word about Geroy.

DH :cool:
Geroy is listed below Neil McEvoy, Torey Hunter and Rob Ralph on the Lions’ football operations staff chart. Ralph has taken over Geroy’s previous role as CFL draft coordinator. Geroy’s primary role is now evaluating international players for the global draft. That seems like a demotion.

"I think [Fred Fateri] was like a lot of people who watch football, hockey or any professional sport on television. They sit there and think they could coach better than the professional. Some people really think that." - Bob Ackles, The Water Boy