Post David Braley era - what comes next?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

David
Team Captain

LeLacheur is a capable leader. While he may not have the contacts in the business community that say, Bobby Ackles or even Dennis Skulsky had as he only arrived here a few years ago, he knows his way around a P&L statement. Few around the league have his football experience as well. I would imagine Travis Lulay opened a few doors in the business community (corporate sales) as a recognizable face of the franchise. He will be missed, but I think we're okay with Rick L at the helm.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Murdoch
All Star

It did not sit well with me to see Lelacheur show up for the press conference wearing the windbreaker. How do you get rid of the guy now was my thought. This is the time when the vultures come out.

All just my opinion and will leave it at that. Fingers crossed for a 2021 season.
BC 1988
Legend

Scott Rintoul on SN 650 is doing extended CFL discussion today (already into hour 2 now. ) Variable guests in terms of interest, but worth looking up when it's posted.
Murdoch
All Star

Now hoping for Geroy Simon to get a shot at GM with a 3 year contract. Won't bet on it though.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I guess that's an option but it sets up the age old question. Fresh eyes or steady experienced hand? I'm not sure which way I lean on this. I mean, this is about a dire a circumstance that I have ever seen the Lions in and we know that there have been times in the past that have been pretty grim. To summarize: Owner passed away and future ownership a big ? at the moment, crippling cash flow issues due to Covid, no GM as ours has left suddenly and under a cloud, star QB currently in the midst of contract dispute that could be ugly going forward, upper management that has looked a bit ponderous at times since the passing of Ackles and somewhat novel to boot. That is a lot of stuff to navigate right now and maybe even tougher for a Rookie GM who is learning the nuance of a job that he has never held before and who isn't that far removed from his player days. 7 years is it? That's a lot of uphill to navigate without a huge amount of background to draw on. I'm not saying they couldn't do it or he couldn't do it but it sure seems like a less than optimal time to be breaking in a rookie GM. However, you can also make the point that perhaps the more experienced hands that have been in the job have sometimes been less than optimal as well. The Lions have been a bit of a going concern for the last few years. So it isn't like things were running tickety boo with the experience factor present. Do you throw the rookie into the game and hope he pulls it out or do you settle for a more established veteran?
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.