Chase Claypool & the big BC receiver army

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Yeah, Pankratz was pretty light. 180 lbs... I weighed that when I was 16.

Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
B.C.FAN
MVP
MVP

John Pankratz was listed at 6 ft. 0 and 190 lbs. on his 1984 Jogo trading card. I don't necessarily trust official heights and weights.

"I think [Fred Fateri] was like a lot of people who watch football, hockey or any professional sport on television. They sit there and think they could coach better than the professional. Some people really think that." - Bob Ackles, The Water Boy
OV - 54:40
Champion

Sir Purrcival wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:17 pm

Yeah, but ... a lot of the all-time great receivers (CFL & NFL) have been guys in that range (under 6' or well under 200 pounds) - think of Cahoon or Terry Vaughn or Darren Flutie - quick, shifty guys; Uncle Milt & Geroy were hardly heavy-weights at receiver.

I started this thread after the success of Claypool as an NFL rookie and also thinking about 6-7 Rysen John in this past draft class - out of BC; and it got me to thinking of CFL history and other big BC pass catcher names came up ... Durant now, Paris Jackson, Danielsen, Christensen. Teyo Johnson too = just seems BC has produced a large number of these big lad receivers ?

KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

so far of the above mentioned, Pankratz is my fav by far.

Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

OV - 54:40 wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:11 pm
Sir Purrcival wrote:
Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:17 pm

Yeah, but ... a lot of the all-time great receivers (CFL & NFL) have been guys in that range (under 6' or well under 200 pounds) - think of Cahoon or Terry Vaughn or Darren Flutie - quick, shifty guys; Uncle Milt & Geroy were hardly heavy-weights at receiver.
No argument here. I really liked Pankratz but he certainly wasn't a "big" receiver .

Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.