Simulated CFL Games

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I missed the simulation but, just like with real games, I had to look up the score and stats afterwards. The virtual Lions took advantage of 4 Zach Collaros interceptions, including a 109-yard pick-6 by Keon Lyn, to defeat the Great Cup champion Winnipeg Blue Bombers 29-15 Friday. The Lions’ third straight win evened their record at 3-3.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Rod Pederson's Play by Play makes the CFL Sim games watchable (I never thought I would ever say that) because the players nameplate on the jerseys are too small to read and there is no depth chart available.

No where near enough running plays or replays.
Murdoch
All Star

Virtual Bomber fans calling for Mike O'Shea's head again. Some would have been happy to see him go to TO.

1 and 4 is a distinct possibility though and they would have had to beat Montreal to get that. Hearing Feoli Guidino as the go to receiver on the sim was not encouraging. Something is up with the names they are using.

Losing to the Lions would be a big statement one way or the other. Are the Lions that good or were the Bombers that bad? Making the playoffs would now be in doubt for the Bombers or at least give the edge to the Lions for now.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The virtual Lions defeated the virtual Alouettes 27-9 Thursday at B.C. Place to win their fourth straight simulated game of the 2020 season on Twitch.TV. The 1 p.m. weekday start of the simulation caught me off guard so I didn't get to watch. The virtual Lions are now 4-3.
Murdoch
All Star

We'll cling to what we get. 4 in a row is a bit much but I'm sure Mike Reilly and Rick Campbell are liking it.

Not giving any love to the Als so far either. Strong defence and an under rated offense imo.

I'm not seeing the stats package and assume you have to sign in to twitch to get that.

Hamilton @ Calgary would have been a good one this week. Enjoy the day.
Murdoch
All Star

Didn't want to start a new thread.
Tough loss on Friday night football for the 2019 Lions in Hamilton for the Hall of Fame game. Two late touchdowns cost two points that might have changed the season. Lions played well enough to win the game. John White ran hard. Mike Reilly looked good. A tip ball interception killed the final drive and sealed the win for Hamilton. Watching last night I would have liked Claybrooks to have gotten that win.
One of the things about looking at team records is that it doesn't differentiate between blowout losses and well played games. How they win and how they lose is important. I contend that the Bombers have been winning lucky for awhile based on special team and defensive tds. Just a theory, no proven formula. Enjoy life.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Murdoch wrote:
Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:36 am
Didn't want to start a new thread.
Tough loss on Friday night football for the 2019 Lions in Hamilton for the Hall of Fame game. Two late touchdowns cost two points that might have changed the season. Lions played well enough to win the game. John White ran hard. Mike Reilly looked good. A tip ball interception killed the final drive and sealed the win for Hamilton. Watching last night I would have liked Claybrooks to have gotten that win.
One of the things about looking at team records is that it doesn't differentiate between blowout losses and well played games. How they win and how they lose is important. I contend that the Bombers have been winning lucky for awhile based on special team and defensive tds. Just a theory, no proven formula. Enjoy life.
Yes, rewatching the game I was impressed with the way the Lions built a 15-point lead in the fourth quarter but two big Hamilton kick returns (a third was called back by penalty) and two late Mike Reilly interceptions on tipped balls sealed the Lions' fate. It was that kind of season. The Lions found a way to lose 10 of their first 11 games, and by then it was too late to save the season.
Murdoch
All Star

No sim love for the Bombers this year. Last in the west and a 29 - 0 blowout loss in the LDC to cap it off.

Could almost buy in but Hamilton sitting last in the East says it all about taking the numbers overly seriously.

Would love to see sim O'Shea get fired. Kyle Walters stepping in ala Jim Popp is laughable.
johnchow604
Rookie

Would have been nice to have actual CFL players/coaches post their post game interview reactions to their simulations via twitter. Would have helped keep the CFL on the minds of fans and be good publicity.