Off-season / FA sigings & losses and draft implications

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

cms22
Starter

sorry, tristan bredin....
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

maxlion wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:00 am
Toppy Vann wrote:
Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:56 am
Duron Carter got kudos from Bombers Willie Jefferson recently when some fan said he was washed up. Jefferson said to ignore the guy as 'we all know what you can do in the right situation' ! My sentiments exactly.
Not sure why you keep beating this dead horse. He has played on 4 teams. Was released mid season by two of them (Als, Riders), and had no impact with the other two (Argos, Lions). He has been a free agent for 3+ months. He owns his share of the blame for the way his career has unfolded.
LOL ..

Coaches have to use the talent available and some coaches make players with talent look ordinary.

Check out the Marshall Ferguson thread on BC's offence last year and you'll see why.

I take Willie Jefferson at his word. IF he didn't think this - he'd not have posted this. I think he has some credentials.

Carter and other REC were not fully or properly utilized.

The number of teams a player is on is sometimes about coaches and GMs.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
cms22
Starter

duron carter is a cancer. i would question whether he's even worthwhile to add to your team even if he is one of the top CFL receivers.

i think he is mentally ill. NOT "he shouldn't be walking the streets" but "he should be on meds"... strikes me as classic bi-polar or extreme narcisism
The_Pauser
Legend

cms22 wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 1:51 pm
duron carter is a cancer. i would question whether he's even worthwhile to add to your team even if he is one of the top CFL receivers.

i think he is mentally ill. NOT "he shouldn't be walking the streets" but "he should be on meds"... strikes me as classic bi-polar or extreme narcisism
Except you're wrong. He is not a cancer. By all accounts he's an excellent teammate. People just have a problem with him because he stands up for himself to trolls.
Roar you Lions roar!
maxlion
Legend

Calling any player a cancer or mentally ill is unacceptable, in my opinion.

I think that Duron just doesn't take football too seriously. I don't condemn him at all for that because I don't take it too seriously either. But if my job was to win football games, I would look for players with more commitment. That seems to be where his career is at for the moment, Willie Jefferson's opinion notwithstanding.
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

Thankfully this Lionbackers forum is no place to slap toxic labels and/or lay-man diagnosis on folks (players, coaches, etc) who we don't really know. I've admittedly come too close to writing someone off in some way or other a time or two here and regret it. It's just not my place to go there. As for Carter, I don't fully know what to make of Duron, but like many have reported in the past, he's not been known to be a problem with his team-mates, and is reportedly real personable interacting with fans. He's just his own person. A unique individual. Based on his on-field output with us, I won't miss him, but I sincerely wish him well in whatever his further adventures may be.