Gary Peters Re-signs

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

JohnnyMusso
Champion

Lions signed 1 more of their impeding free agents late tonight:

Lions have signed Gary Peters to an extension. #CFLFA @CFLonTSN

Well that is one hole that is filled. Good signing. At least Hervey got 1 more guy signed before tomorrow.

MOD EDIT - added the all-important hyphen to the heading. :wink:
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Good signing. That still leaves three starting positions open in the secondary; four if Aaron Grymes misses any extended time at the start of the season.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

The thread title as it currently reads in misleading as it should say Peters re-signs, not resigns as in quitting.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

B.C.FAN wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:10 pm
Good signing. That still leaves three starting positions open in the secondary; four if Aaron Grymes misses any extended time at the start of the season.
My math must be bad. Are you counting the nickleback/OLB spot as a 6th secondary position BCF? I'm counting Peters, Grymes and Lee as 3 leaving 2 spots to fill. There is still Gamboa too who picked up 6 starts in 2019. Perhaps he's in the plans as a potential starter.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Hambone wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:19 am
B.C.FAN wrote:
Mon Feb 10, 2020 11:10 pm
My math must be bad. Are you counting the nickleback/OLB spot as a 6th secondary position BCF? I'm counting Peters, Grymes and Lee as 3 leaving 2 spots to fill. There is still Gamboa too who picked up 6 starts in 2019. Perhaps he's in the plans as a potential starter.
Yes, I'm counting nickelback as a secondary position vacated when Chris Edwards left for the NFL. Edwards played DB in Edmonton, nickelback in B.C. Josh Johnson and Chandler Fenner played nickelback in B.C. and DB elsewhere. Korey Banks played some nickelback in B.C. in addition to DB. Branden Dozier played nickelback and DB in Montreal before coming to B.C. It's a hybrid position but best suited to a bigger DB who can play the run and occasionally blitz.
Murdoch
All Star

B.C.FAN wrote:
Tue Feb 11, 2020 8:56 am
Yes, I'm counting nickelback as a secondary position vacated when Chris Edwards left for the NFL. Edwards played DB in Edmonton, nickelback in B.C. Josh Johnson and Chandler Fenner played nickelback in B.C. and DB elsewhere. Korey Banks played some nickelback in B.C. in addition to DB. Branden Dozier played nickelback and DB in Montreal before coming to B.C. It's a hybrid position but best suited to a bigger DB who can play the run and occasionally blitz.
Chandler Fenner is available. Played out of position at field corner last year. Similar to Dozier, would be well suited to nickle or safety imo.