Coaching staff announced.

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Murdoch
All Star

Hambone wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 8:57 am
Whichever way the bonus is taxed at the time it still all comes out in the wash at the end of the year. When tax time comes around the bonus is just part of the player's overall gross taxable income and in your example the 15% would be part of his income taxes paid. When the dust settles and all the calculations are done he will be taxed at whatever rate his net taxable income calls for.
Good explanation and thank you for the comment. Some of it would come down to where the taxes are being filed.

Still think there is something about owning a residence in the home land for foreign workers that caps tax on that portion of income. Not even sure if they have to declare the money earned outside the country. No doubt every trick in the book has been tried.

Justin Medlock is one who is up on the rules and is a very shrewd negotiator. Seems to always wrap up a new deal right after the season has ended. Likely using leftover cap money from the just finished season. Might make a good gm some day if only he had a personality.
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

Slightly off topic, but on a related matter; No longer with our Leos of course, nor the CFL, Dan Dorazio lands at UBC. The T-Birds will benefit says Angus Reid. It will be interesting to see how their O-line responds over the course of the new season. I wish them well. I'd like to see them thrive. https://3downnation.com/2020/03/06/long ... ds-at-ubc/
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Good article on Offensive Coordinator Jordon Maksymic

https://www.cfl.ca/2020/03/20/lions-mak ... nd-oc-job/
Reg18
Starter

Who figured Ryan Phillips would be a good DC? Really?I often wondrrd about his aversion to contact resulted in his bull fighter a
Lroach to tackling opposing players. Just hope his style doesn't spread to any of our defensive players