2019 Grey Cup Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Hamilton gets back in the game with a touchdown pass to Addison set up by a successful fake field goal. 24-12 Winnipeg.

Jaelon Acklin is having a good game for the Ticats with 4 catches for 53 yards.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Hamilton touchdown. 2 point conversion unsuccessful 24-12
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The teams each scored 6 points in the third quarter. The Bombers will be satisfied with that.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The Ticats need a big play to get back in the game but Brandon Banks is out of the game with an apparent hip injury.

Acklin makes another big catch.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Andrew Harris is unstoppable
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Medlock adds another FG to make it a 3-score game. 30-12 Winnipeg with 6:12 remaining.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Evans fumbles again under pressure. That’s 5 or 6 turnovers by Hamilton, none by Winnipeg.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Bombers deserving of being champions
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Congratulations to the Bombers for breaking their 29-year Grey Cup drought with a dominating 33-12 victory. They played like underdogs who had something to prove and they manhandled the Ticats all day and made life miserable for Dane Evans.

Winnipeg coaches Mike O-Shea, Paul LaPolice and Richie Hall had their team prepared mentally and physically. Andrew Harris, Zach Collaros and Chris Streveler made plays on offence and the defensive line overpowered Hamilton’s O-line from start to finish.

The Bombers become the first third-place team to win the Grey Cup since the 2005 Eskimos.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Andrew Harris is the first player to be named the most outstanding player and most outstanding Canadian in the Grey Cup.
ZLions
Rookie

What a disgraceful performance from Hamilton! The entire game Hamilton's coach was all smiling on the sidelines like this is all a joke. The players were following his demeanor..there was absolutely zero intensity from Hamilton whatsoever. This was supposed to be a great back and forth game to watch between two excellent teams but instead we get treated to a blowout due to a lacklustre performance from the Tabbies.

Feel sorry for all the good folks in Hamilton right now. It's one thing to put up a good fight and lose, but to not show any type of effort/intensity with the head coach grinning on the sidelines throughout is absolutely unacceptable. Shaking my head.
David
Team Captain

TheLionKing wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:21 pm
Andrew Harris is unstoppable
Especially when teams just try to tackle him high or go for the strip. He has exceptional balance and his legs are far too strong.

Harris has to be tackled low. By the ankles/feet. Can't believe how hard it is for some teams to understand that. Not sure what Hamilton did all week, but boy, they sure looked ill-prepared. :roll:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
ZLions
Rookie

Props to the Grey Cup organizers, TSN and the CFL for putting on a great show. The coverage all week was great, the sellout crowd was into it, the weather was purrfect and the half time show rocked.

What a shame Hamilton played with ZERO intensity. This had all the makings to be an exciting game to watch and Hamilton sold us short. The head coach Orlondo Steinauer was seen smiling on the sidelines throughout the game, seeming taking nothing seriously. Steinauer must be ashamed of himself and the Ti-Cats organization must apologize to their fans and the entire CFL for such a pathetic, lacklustre performance.
JohnnyMusso
Champion

My father always told me to cheer for the Western team in the Grey Cup which I did. Bombers played a great game and looked more motivated and energized than Tiger Cats. Congratulations Bombers. Well deserved victory.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

ZLions wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 7:15 pm
Props to the Grey Cup organizers, TSN and the CFL for putting on a great show. The coverage all week was great, the sellout crowd was into it, the weather was purrfect and the half time show rocked.

What a shame Hamilton played with ZERO intensity. This had all the makings to be an exciting game to watch and Hamilton sold us short. The head coach Orlondo Steinauer was seen smiling on the sidelines throughout the game, seeming taking nothing seriously. Steinauer must be ashamed of himself and the Ti-Cats organization must apologize to their fans and the entire CFL for such a pathetic, lacklustre performance.
I wouldn't read too much into the smiling at all. I do agree that the Ticats came out flat relative to the Bombers and while it looked after 3 turnovers they were settling into the game the Bombers kept up the pace.

This happens to a team like the Ticats when peoples individually and imperceptibly think back to 2 league games and total points of 56-28 and this translates into a collective let down.

I do believe that during the GC build up coaches have to monitor team talk and look out for the stuff that suggests the Bombers won't be in this one. Quite frankly I wanted the Bombers to win but considered them big underdogs as the HAM team looked to me that this year for them was going to be a slam dunk GC if they played to the level of their wins.

Steinhauer is a winning HC and he might look back to see how his team's collective heads weren't in it so next year is not a repeat. Look at Burris' win for RBs over Stamps.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy