Who Will Be Sold First?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Who Will Be Sold First?

Lions
No votes
Alouettes
91%
Neither will be Sold by the end of 2020.
9%

Total votes: 11
JohnnyMusso
Champion

Ambrosie said today both the sales of the Lions and Als will be resolved in the coming weeks, but that remains to be seen. So I ask you all, who do you think will be sold first. I say the Alouettes will be sold first. I just feel there is more interested parties there and with a small stadium and better team more chance to make money than BC.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I got the impression that Ambrosie expects the sale of the Alouettes to be concluded within a few weeks. There still isn't a proposed buyer for the Lions, only some interested parties.
On the Lions, Ambrosie said that the team’s owner, David Braley and the Lions’ president, Rick LeLacheur, have asked for the commissioner’s participation in the process of finding new ownership for the team.

“I’ve had a chance to meet some remarkable people who are interested in owning the team,” Ambrosie said.

“Those conversations are ongoing and I’ve had follow up discussions with a number of them.”
Ambrosie acknowledged that the on-field success the Alouettes have had this year has helped in the process of finding new ownership for that team. Their Eastern Semi Final appearance was a near sellout and the team was revitalized this year by head coach Khari Jones and the emergence of quarterback Vernon Adams Jr.

He said that he’s working with a group that would prefer privacy until the deal is finalized, calling them the Montreal Alouettes Ownership Group.

“I come from the investment industry where I spent…almost three decades and I know that these transactions take time,” Ambrosie said, noting that there have been conversations with strong candidates going back to May.

“I would confess that I would have liked to have gotten this done sooner,” the commissioner said.

“We are very encouraged, very optimistic that the conversation we’re in today is going to yield a successful outcome and get down to those last steps in the process. There’s lots of i’s to be dotted and T’s to cross.

“I can’t commit to a timeframe. I can’t commit to a date but what I can say is I am very optimistic that the group we are in active discussions with today are deeply committed. They’re a remarkably strong group. They would bring a whole host of capabilities to an ownership situation in Montreal.

“I don’t know the answer specifically. What I can tell you is there’s an amazing commitment being made by the Canadian Football League to getting this done and an equal commitment by the groups that we’re in discussions with. That process continues and I hope to have a successful announcement sometime in the next few weeks.”
O’LEARY: GLOBALIZING CFL GAME AT THE CENTRE OF AMBROSIE’S ANNUAL ADDRESS
D
Team Captain

I agree Montreal will be sold first but my reasons differ
Braley has been wanting to sell this team forever and it hasn’t happened yet so no reason to expect it to happen anytime soon
I own The Grey Cup! .com
David
Team Captain

Easy. Alouettes. That transaction will set market price for a CFL franchise (for Braley and the league) plus I believe the Lenkov brothers and possibly one or two other Montreal businessmen will purchase the team. I recall Lenkov tweeting out something very supportive of the Als in advance of the Eastern Semi. I think that deal is close.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

I voted for the Alouettes. Won't surprise me in the least if Braley holds on to the team for the next few years.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

That's an incredibly easy question to answer. Hands down Montreal for the simple reason the CFL is far, far more motivated to sell the Alouettes than Braley is to sell the Lions. That's not to say Braley isn't motivated to sell the Lions but absolutely no way does the CFL want to be operating Montreal in 2020 if they can avoid it. If Braley has to he will stay with BC for another year.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.