Least favourite CFL team and why...

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Harris 93% completion rate! Some of it was how the Als zone let him get the passes in front of them and despite colour guy Davis Sanchez saying Als D were talking jumping the routes - it didn't happen and in retrospect, it was not a decent plan.

Thought that Trevor Harris showed his emergence as a TEAM leader in how he went on the field to find their kicker and how when it looked like the Als were done he was on the field warning them to keep their heads in the game. Not sure I saw that side of him before.

Now STAMPS- BOMBERS will be interesting but all hopes for the Bombers hinges on Collaros not getting hurt as Streveler is in no condition to play.....
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

Streveler says he's doing fine, thank you very much.
swervynmerv
Legend

David wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:01 pm
swervynmerv wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:20 am
4. Am I the only one sick of seeing Green jerseys at EVERY event on the planet? Buy some other clothes! I get it, you love your team but wearing Rider gear to NHL, NBA, MLB, rock concert or your cousins weddings is beyond belief.
Lol. yea this is a little odd. Wearing Rider jerseys to some random sporting event down in the States? I don't get that one. Makes us all look like a bunch of rubes.

Doesn't a big contingent of Rider fans convene every year down in Arizona and it's a vertible "green out" at a Coyotes hockey game? SMH

DH :cool:
They used to. Not sure if it still goes on. I think one of the Coyotes owners was from Sask at the time.

Had to laugh while I watched the Stamps game. Not 20 minutes after I wrote my original post I spotted two fan’s at the game wearing a Rider jersey at a Stamps-Bombers game! Point proven.
Matt Baker
Rookie

David wrote:
Sat Nov 09, 2019 2:29 pm
I'll start:

Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Why?

* They tried to block our entrance into the Western Interprovincial Football Union (WIFU, today's West Division) in 1953.

* The huge rivalry/animosity that started in the '80s has never waned for me.

* Bomber fans attacking some of our players in the 2002 West Semi-Final. A drunken fan tried to jump on Eric Carter in the dying minutes and was kicked by Carl Kidd while he was pinned down. "We've got to protect ourselves,'' Kidd said at the time. "You never know what that guy had in his pocket. (Fans) threw bottles at us, snowballs. It's ridiculous.''

* The "BC Sucks!" chant has always stuck in my craw.

* My perception of homerism in the Winnipeg media. This was somewhat dispelled this year when they didn't vote for Andrew Harris for MOP....but there's always Bob Irving. :wink:

As a guy who travels to every game, they have by far the biggest collection of a**holes when it comes to fans. Also, near and dear to my heart: It really bothered me that their social team took a shot at Argos attendance. I mean, that's the lowest-hanging fruit there is. IIRC, the Bombers themselves have held season ticket telethons in the past.
David
Team Captain

Matt Baker wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:54 pm
As a guy who travels to every game, they have by far the biggest collection of a**holes when it comes to fans. Also, near and dear to my heart: It really bothered me that their social team took a shot at Argos attendance. I mean, that's the lowest-hanging fruit there is. IIRC, the Bombers themselves have held season ticket telethons in the past.
I am not surprised. It certainly appears on TV that they enjoy their libations more than any other fan base. When I read that they were slashing draft beer prices and reducing 355 ml Bud and Bud Light cans to $4.90 plus tax for their October 25 game against Calgary, I thought to myself, "Is that really a good idea??" :roll:

And yes, it can be fun when CFL social media take friendly jabs at one another, but I agree, there was a little mean-spiritedness to their Tweets. Mocking the Argos' attendance is not particularly creative; it's just going for the cheap and easy laugh.

Roar, You Lions, Roar
cromartie
Hall of Famer

Any day the Riders lose is a good day.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Not one bit surprised by how James Wilder Jr describes working for Cory Chamblin and Jacque Chapdelaine.

Before any one piles onto Wilder for his comments, think back to how Chapdelaine worked way back in BC days where he'd hold QB meetings and not invite Printers. We know how he authored his own demise after being handed the MTL HC role. Compare that to how Khari Jones acted in same situation.

Chamblin surviving was a shocker.
Star running back James Wilder Jr. did not enjoy playing for Toronto Argonauts head coach Corey Chamblin or offensive coordinator Jacques Chapdelaine one bit.

“No, I didn’t. I don’t know too much about their outside lives, I’m sure they’re great men. But as a football player to football coach it was pretty tough. Usually, I’ve been playing for coaches you have that connection, you’ll be able to talk with coaches, make adjustments and they’ll adjust off you or off the team to help the team where everybody is really comfortable out there on the field,” Wilder Jr. said on The Rod Pedersen Show.
https://3downnation.com/2019/12/04/argo ... wilder-jr/
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
squishy35
Legend

I don't hate any of the CFL Teams in particular.

I do have a strong dislike for how some of the dirtier players in the league present themselves on other teams.

That being said, I am happy when Calgary loses games and when the Riders lose as well.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

David wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:43 pm
When I read that they were slashing draft beer prices and reducing 355 ml Bud and Bud Light cans to $4.90 plus tax for their October 25 game against Calgary, I thought to myself, "Is that really a good idea??" :roll:
Just to play devil's advocate for a bit, I've often wondered if the high price of stadium beer is partially responsible for rowdy behaviour. How? Because guys will drink excessively "pre-game" thinking they will save some money by getting buzzed before entering the stadium. Only now they are at the game with lowered impulse control and that $9 beer doesn't seem like a bad deal to keep the buzz going.

BC Place is no bargain, but compared to what you pay for a beer in the same neighbourhood it's not such a massive price hike anymore. I think the difference between the cost of beer in a neighbouring bar compared to BC Place was greater back in the 80s and 90s when fighting was commonplace at Lions games.

So my theory is, lower the cost of beer in stadiums and people may be more likely to wait until they get to the game to begin quenching their thirst. Once there, concession lineups and two beer per person limits will force fans to pace themselves. Plus, it's a watery 12oz draft and not nearly the same ABV as those pints of IPA you can get across the street from BC Place.