2019 PLAYOFFS - THE DIVISIONAL FINALS

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Great first half in the Als - Esks but as the panel noted Harris ate them up early on in the season as the Als zone and Harris' quick tosses led to 22 straight completions tying Maas lol and if 82 didn't drop a sure pass, he'd have equaled the CFL record of Masoli at 23.

Khari's D was not the best match up for a QB on fire.

Thought Khari went too bland on OFF in the second half while Esks use both CJ G and Cooper.

Stanback to the NFL on 7 for 34 yds carries in the 1st half is poor running yet Khari isn't using Jeremiah Johnson which is poor decision making. No. 24 got 24 yds in 1 play in the 2nd half and I don't see him out there again.

I wanted Als to move on - not as I don't like Esks - but given the turnaround and importance of this for the CFL and that city.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Might have spoke too soon in writing off the Als just as the 4Q started - but my sense was that momentum and Esks OFF and their DEF might end all hope. Als Bowman backing off and the INT was finally a smart move by D.

Nice TD run by Adams and brilliant decoy use of JJ 24 who everyone thought was getting the ball as he clearly wasn't blocking.

BEDE firing up the crowd - IDIOTIC - keep your convert missing head in the freaking game!
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Disappointing finish for the Als..... Adams first INT was serious but not a killer but that last push downfield was maybe a bit too early.

Adams might be very upset with himself but the reality is that the Als would have been done many games ago if not for him. He's a genuine starter and if not for the silly decision on Johhny Football, he'd have likely arrived sooner. Having said that ... maybe Kavis Reed had to go first and Khari Jones taking over was huge for Vernon Adams and his play and confidence.

Just think two QBs in the playoffs had former Lions in the mix - Adams and Fajardo.

And many others .. including Bighill up today and Sol E up next week - both like Fajardo not in BC thanks to GM Ed Hervey decision making. Fajardo was wanted but chose not to come back as no doubt he knew Mike Reilly had an iron clad agreement that no one but him plays QB.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Talk about a tactical football game and you'd be hard pressed to come up with one better than WPG at CGY today.

Bombers up by 11 with 10 min left in 4Q.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I’ve never seen Bo Levi Mitchell look so cold, and I’m not referring to the Calgary weather. After completing just over 50% of his passes last week against the Lions, he’s barely over 40% this week with interceptions on his last two possessions.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

For all the hype about Bo being a perennial MOP, he sure has a lot of choke on his resume.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Ice cold Bo and major kudos to LaPolice for a great blend of runninig & passing,, utilizing all his weapons. Goodbye Stamps. Grey Cup committee will be cheering hard for Riders now.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Two QB tandem - Collaros and Streveler. The former had 193 yards and the latter contributed a lot to 193 yds rushing - if I heard that right from the panel.

Collars plays two plays (?) this season to start for RIDERS, gets traded to ARGOS and plays nothing there and traded to BOMBERS gets 1 game then a bye and then wins the West semi-final and a ticket to play his old RIDERS team. If that were in a movie script, that wouldn't get to camera as it'd be seen as nonsense.

Bo was kept off the field and that led to some cold play but also he wasn't always helped by his team mates. Dickenson used 34 to make a run play. Maybe more of that would have helped but they moved away from that. Dave D - says they got outcoached and out played. Kind of true.

The good news for the Dickenson family is that they won't have to be divided in the West Semi-final next.
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

Quite unexpected stat info for Bo Levi Mitchell on the day; You don't expect any QB's completion rate to be well below 50%, nor expect him to throw three picks (all in the final quarter, I think)... his QB efficiency rating was a miserable 22.3 (as compared to 99.9 for the Winnipeg QB tandem).

Yeah, that Bomber two-QB system was wonderful to see--a real throwback feel, back to another era. And I'm very happy for Collaros, given some of the hard luck he's seen in recent times with concussions. But my goodness -- Streveler is a workhorse!

Some interesting match-ups coming up next week in the West; one among being a couple former Leo stalwarts, Elimimian vs Bighill. Not playing head to head of course, but each anchoring the linebackers on their respective squad. That'll be fun to watch.

Very entertaining couple of semi-finals today... I do love the CFL!
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Montreal's D looked familiar. Very little pressure and wherever Harris chose to throw his option seemed to be all by himself with no Alouette within 4 yards.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
JohnnyMusso
Champion

Glad to see Calgary lose. Tired of seeing them in the Grey Cup year after year. Time for a change. Bombers played well.

Not surprised to see Montreal lose. Though will be chearing for Hamilton next game.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Kudos to LaPolice for going with Streveler, Demski and Harris in the 2nd half. Go Bombers and Ti-Cats next week.
David
Team Captain

SammyGreene wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:07 pm
Ice cold Bo and major kudos to LaPolice for a great blend of runninig & passing,, utilizing all his weapons. Goodbye Stamps. Grey Cup committee will be cheering hard for Riders now.
They're hoping for Saskatchewan vs Edmonton. Even though I don't like the Bombers, I hope they get Winnipeg vs Hamilton.

$419.00 sideline seats for McMahon Stadium. Pfffft. :roll:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Evil Empire
prospect

Admit it...

We all want to finally see an All-West Grey Cup.

Two great games played on Sunday. Well done by the road warriors from Winnipeg, and Edmonton.

Go Evil Empire.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

The most enjoyable part of these playoffs is seeing some close games instead of the Lions being losers in a blow out that has been the norm in recent years.