2019 PLAYOFFS - THE DIVISIONAL FINALS

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Evil Empire
prospect

I haven’t been keeping up with your HC situation. But, Maas will almost certainly be available after tomorrow. And, I won’t be sad to see him go.

Just like Hervey going. Maybe they can conjure some magic over there, but, I wouldn’t count on it. Not with Maas as a HC. He’s a really good OC, but that is his ceiling.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

The Eskimos couldn't win that trophy and upset the Tiger-Cats. So Hamilton will have another chance to win the Grey Cup since 1999. Winnipeg appears to be dominating Saskatchewan after the first quarter with a 10-1 lead, but anything can happen later on.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。
BC 1988
Legend

Evil Empire wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 1:09 pm
Not with Maas as a HC. He’s a really good OC, but that is his ceiling.
imo, this also describes Claybrooks--a really good DC, not a HC.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

17-7 Winnipeg in the WDF. Roughriders had a chance to tie the game late in the 3rd but a costly interception. Let's see if there's an upset in the making.
祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
祝你龍年行大運。
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Very bad call on 2nd and goal by the Riders as they had to settle for a FG instead of an opportunity for another TD.
祝你龍年行大運。
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Robbie wrote:
Sun Nov 17, 2019 3:46 pm
Very bad call on 2nd and goal by the Riders as they had to settle for a FG instead of an opportunity for another TD.
Terrible call with the backup QB in shotgun on an obvious running play. Terrible execution with the RB and QB running into each other. So far Paul LaPolice is outcoaching Stephen McAdoo in a battle of offensive coordinators.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Goal line stand by the Bombers to prevent a game-tying TD!

Not the Riders day. :roll:
祝你龍年行大運。
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

So the next time the Riders are in the same situation they leave Fajardo in the game and throw an incompletion out of bounds on first down, hand the ball off to Powell for two yards on second down and run an unsuccessful QB sneak on third and goal.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

Riders force a punt. Last chance for the Riders to tie the game.
祝你龍年行大運。
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I was cheering for the Riders but the Bombers out-coached them today and were full value for the win. One team’s lengthy Grey Cup drought will be broken next week.
Robbie
Hall of Famer

The game went to the wire, but the Riders simply couldn't get the ball into the end zone after so many chances and opportunities. The crossbar served as the Bombers 13th defender which forced the incomplete pass.

Winnipeg Blue Bombers vs. Hamilton Tiger-Cats in the 2019 Grey Cup.

The Bombers posed with their trophy, but didn't hoist it. But neither did the Tiger-Cats either with their own presented trophy so both teams have a fair shot at the Grey Cup. :cool:

祝你龍年行大運。
BC 1988
Legend

Looking forward to seeing HAM-WPG in the GC. Collaros facing his old team, after his career appeared to have flamed out there (and fresh off of defeating another old team).

It's about time these two teams get a shot, after all those boring CGY appearances.

I'd say HAM has to be the favorite to win, they are firing on all cylinders with a great BACKUP QB. (Are you listening, Lions brain trust?)
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Has the CFL trading deadline suddenly become significant? Kyle Walters acquisition of Zach Collaros proves to be huge.
No way they win the last 2 weeks without him and can't say enough for how well he played for such little playing time in recent years.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Wow, what a finish in the Western Conference final. Questionable playcalling and turnovers proved to be the Riders' undoing. 0 for 4 in the red zone.
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

That was an entertaining day of CFL football. I especially enjoyed the back-and-forth of the West Final. While I was cheering on the Bombers early, by the fourth quarter I was cheering on the Riders, and hoping for OT, simply to extend the fun, and lean back and watch how things unfolded. The Bombers defence was just too stout, and deservedly prevented that.

That said, I'm very pleased to see the Bombers and the Ti-Cats in the Grey Cup. Though I'll continue to cheer on the Bombers I'll be happy for either team's victory come next weekend. Will be especially delighted if it is the Bombers with hopes that the 5 (I think) former Lions on their regular starting roster do well. They and their team-mates will need to excel to beat that talent-laden Hamilton team.