2019 PLAYOFFS - THE DIVISIONAL FINALS

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

Evil Empire wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:40 am
Admit it...

We all want to finally see an All-West Grey Cup.

Two great games played on Sunday. Well done by the road warriors from Winnipeg, and Edmonton.

Go Evil Empire.
I don't. Not good for the league.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I’ve decided to pull for Saskatchewan and Hamilton in the divisional finals. I don’t like Jason Maas or Mike O’Shea so it’s easy to root against their teams.

A Saskatchewan-Hamilton Grey Cup would also be the best matchup for the league and its TV audience. I read today that this will be the first West Final since 2003 that doesn't include either Calgary or B.C. Change is good.

Calgary, Ottawa, Montreal and Edmonton have appeared in more than their share of Grey Cups lately. Saskatchewan and Hamilton have a good history of meeting in the Cup, most recently in 2013 and 1989. The Ticats are still looking for redemption for those losses.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Evil Empire wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:40 am
Admit it...

We all want to finally see an All-West Grey Cup.

Two great games played on Sunday. Well done by the road warriors from Winnipeg, and Edmonton.

Go Evil Empire.
Only if the Lions are part of it via crossover. I'd rather see an All-East GC before a Lion-less All West GC.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

David wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:00 pm
$419.00 sideline seats for McMahon Stadium. Pfffft. :roll:

DH :cool:
$419.00? Mine cost me $466.00.
Hambone
Hall of Famer

I'm pulling for a Winnipeg/Hamilton game. Love to see one or the other break their long Cupless streaks. Especially would love to see Rider fans have to give up their lame #1990 line as their snappy witty comeback to Bomber fans.
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

In the East Final match-up I'll definitely be cheering for Hamilton -- not a snowball's chance I'd cheer for Edmonton. In large part that's due to their organization's current make-up re personnel etc, but also CFL history factors in for me; i.e. Hamilton hasn't won a Grey Cup since 1999 (I think it is) and I'd be pleased to see them giving themselves another shot at it. That's a bit iffy though, as Trevor Harris and company will be formidable foes, and I wouldn't be surprised if the East Final turns out to be a classic battle, and I'll make no prediction re the winner. I'm really looking forward to it!

That said, I hope whoever comes out of the East meets their match in the Grey Cup, and here in the West I would personally prefer the Bombers, but would welcome either a Winnipeg or a Saskatchewan win over the East. I'm not usually a West "homer", I've often cheered for the East reps in the big game, as so often the Lions' arch-rivals are playing. I never have cheered for either of the Alberta teams in the Grey Cup.

But this year I'm all in for either the Bombers or the Riders, due to them both having fave ex-Leos on their rosters or in their organizations, be it Buck Pierce, Biggie, Andrew Harris etc, or Sol E and Manny etc. But historically, I definitely lean toward support of the Bombers over the Riders. Also, the Riders won the Cup a couple times in recent decades (I think 2007?, 2013?), and the Bombers have not since 1990. That's even longer than the 'Cats' drought. Whoever comes through, I got a feeling this West Final, like the East Final will be one to thoroughly enjoy!
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

As long as Edmonton doesn't win the Grey Cup I am fine with any of the other 3 teams winning. I probably should hate Winnipeg, but they eliminated the Stumps, so props for that.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Hambone wrote:
Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:50 pm
David wrote:
Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:00 pm
$419.00 sideline seats for McMahon Stadium. Pfffft. :roll:

DH :cool:
$419.00? Mine cost me $466.00.
With the Stamps being eliminated, I suspect that there will be a lot of tickets for sale.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

CFL simulation projects Hamilton and Saskatchewan as overwhelming favourites to meet in the Grey Cup but that assumes that Rider QB Cody Fajardo is fully recovered from his oblique injury, and that remains to be seen.
ODDS TO APPEAR IN 107TH GREY CUP
Hamilton Tiger-Cats 82.03%
Saskatchewan Roughriders 70.53%
Winnipeg Blue Bombers 29.47%
Edmonton Eskimos 17.97%

MOST LIKELY MATCHUPS IN 107TH GREY CUP
Saskatchewan-Hamilton 57.77%
Winnipeg-Hamilton 24.26%
Saskatchewan-Edmonton 12.76%
Winnipeg-Edmonton 5.21%
CFL SIMULATION: AND THEN THERE WERE FOUR
Hambone
Hall of Famer

Rider fans were having a bit of a coniption fit and rightfully so. It was reported that TSN would be showing the WDF on TSN1, 4 and 5 and a NASCAR race on TSN3 which is the regional feed for SK and MB. TSN has since corrected that and will show CFL WDF on TSN 1, 3 and 4 while bumping NASCAR to TSN5 (QC and Maritimes). TSN2 will be showing Cards and 49ers.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Former Lions listed as starters tomorrow

Riders
Elliminian
Purifoy
Leonard
Edem
Fajardo
Arceneaux

Bombers

Harris
Rose
Bighill
Hardrick

Eskimos
Collins
Johnson
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

SammyGreene wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:02 am
Former Lions listed as starters tomorrow

Riders
Elliminian
Purifoy
Leonard
Edem
Fajardo
Arceneaux

Bombers

Harris
Rose
Bighill
Hardrick

Eskimos
Collins
Johnson
Lots of 'em, eh.

Additionally for the Riders, another ex-Leo, starting at slotback all season: Cory Watson. (Nice to see that Manny also will be starting, as you've noted. He's not had a lot of starts this season.)

Additionally for EE: their important P/K special teams tandem, ex-Lions Whyte and O'Neill. Also, although he's listed behind Usher I've noticed Alex Bazzie rotating in fairly often over recent games.

Additionally for the Bombers, not starting, but returning from injury and listed as backup -- Chandler Fenner. And I'll mention with an asterisk Buck Pierce -- part of the starting line-up for the coaches, heh heh. What can I say... I'm a Buck fan. Too bad he'll likely never leave Winnipeg.
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

Speaking of 2019 playoffs, in U Sports today, the teams for next Saturday's 55th Vanier Cup have been decided in their respective bowl games; It will be Montreal Carabins vs Calgary Dinos for the championship. Today both teams won handily by wide margins. I wasn't able to watch today's contests but always enjoy the upcoming annual Vanier Cup. A real nice little appetizer for the Grey Cup.

Not sure how many of the top-ranked CIS/CFL draft-pick candidates will be playing, but I suppose some one among the players next weekend could be the high pick for the Lions. (?) I'd be interested to know if anyone knows which top CFL prospects might be playing, and who Geroy might have his sights on.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Gridiron Ernie wrote:
Sat Nov 16, 2019 3:24 pm
Speaking of 2019 playoffs, in U Sports today, the teams for next Saturday's 55th Vanier Cup have been decided in their respective bowl games; It will be Montreal Carabins vs Calgary Dinos for the championship. Today both teams won handily by wide margins. I wasn't able to watch today's contests but always enjoy the upcoming annual Vanier Cup. A real nice little appetizer for the Grey Cup.

Not sure how many of the top-ranked CIS/CFL draft-pick candidates will be playing, but I suppose some one among the players next weekend could be the high pick for the Lions. (?) I'd be interested to know if anyone knows which top CFL prospects might be playing, and who Geroy might have his sights on.
What's interesting is the Dinos are loaded with BC players, including Cory Philpot's twin boys. I'm sure hoping this has more to do with Calgary's academic requirements compared to UBC that continues to regress after its Vanier Cup win 4 years ago.
The Dinos have several players from the BC lower mainland on either their active or are “red-shirts.” Active players include the Philpot Twins from Delta, BC, running back Robinson Rodriques and long snapper Chaz Marshall, Burnaby, BC, receiver Nathaniel Durkan, Nanaimo, BC (via Simon Fraser University), linebackers Grant McDonald, Jacob Kirk, and Charlie Moore (Tsawwassen, BC). Red Shirts are defensive back Steen Rasmussen (Nanaimo, BC), offensive lineman Simon Li (West Vancouver), receiver Dante Carbone (Nanaimo, BC), receiver Alex Wahl (North Vancouver).
Robbie
Hall of Famer

I will say congratulations to the Eskimos if they manage to win this trophy that no other west division team has ever won.

祝加拿大加式足球聯賽不列颠哥伦比亚卑詩雄獅隊今年贏格雷杯冠軍。此外祝溫哥華加人隊贏總統獎座·卡雲斯·甘保杯·史丹利盃。還每年祝溫哥華白頭浪隊贏美國足球大联盟杯。不要忘記每年祝溫哥華巨人贏西部冰球聯盟冠軍。
改建後的卑詩體育館於二十十一年九月三十日重新對外開放,首場體育活動為同日舉行的加拿大足球聯賽賽事,由主場的卑詩雄獅隊以三十三比二十四擊敗愛民頓愛斯基摩人隊。
祝你龍年行大運。
恭喜西雅图海鹰直到第四十八屆超級盃最終四十三比八大勝曾拿下兩次超級盃冠軍的丹佛野馬拿下隊史第一個超級盃冠軍。