Is Signing Hervey for 2 More Years Right Move

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Is Signing Hervey for 2 More Years Right Move?

Yes
33%
No
47%
It Seemed Like it Before Season Began
13%
Two Years Too long, should have been one
7%

Total votes: 15
cromartie
Hall of Famer

David wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:05 am
cromartie wrote:
Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:34 am
I'm not happy. Fortunately, should things continue on their current directory there's an ideal replacement in house already.

What we desperately need is an improved American scouting department.
I assume you're referring to Geroy? Or do you mean Neil McEvoy?

As for scouting, someone brought up the point here a while ago that Torey Hunter was suspended by the league in the off-season for creating that Twitter burner account to sling dirt at his former employer. This could have impacted his duties in finding players (I buy that to a point).

QB Grant Kraemer and WR Joey Augustin look like our only true American FA prospects from the 2019 off-season. Not good. LB Kevin Haynes is a blue-chip prospect but we didn't find him. He was signed and released by the Als in 2018. Same for DB Victor Gamboa. He was scouted by us in 2018, never made it to camp, then was signed and released by Ottawa.

DH :cool:
My understanding was that Neil more or less stuck to the business side. I'd trust Geory, in light of his track record. I don't think much of Torey at all and the results aren't bearing the fruit you need to be a successful franchise. I'm being generous in that this problem pre-dates his arrival.