Which Head Coach is Most Likely to be Fired at Season's End

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Head Coach is Most LIkely to be Fired at Season's End

Jason Maas
33%
Michael O' Shea
8%
Devone Claybrooks
No votes
Corey Chamblin
58%
Rick Campbell
No votes

Total votes: 12
JohnnyMusso
Champion

I added Claybrooks to the list, but I think he will not be fired by David Braley, but some may believe he will if Braley decides to clean house.

Bombers have really collapsed and I think O'Shea is in trouble and I think he will be fired after they lose in the Semi Finals and end up in Toronto if that comes to pass. I think Chamblin likely will be fired too and Toronto will eat his salary. Will Jason Maas get the axe if they lose to Montreal?

I think 3 of these 5 coaches could be fired, but the one most likely to be fired in my view is O'Shea. Yes, they did lose their starting QB, but I think O'Shea will take the fall for the Bombers second half collapse despite losing Nicols.
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

I picked Maas but I would not be surprised if all coaches on the list survive. The CFL coaching pool is small and some of the most attractive potential replacements are under contract to the XFL.

Maas’s teams are undisciplined like him but a healthy Trevor Harris could salvage the Esks’ season.

O’Shea is a terrible game manager whose teams underperform in big games but his assistant coaches make him look good.

Chamblin is a good coach but his assistants don’t help him. I wonder whether Mike Benevides might be lured back home to Toronto to replace him, and whether Benevides would keep Jacques Chapdelaine and Dan Dorazio on staff in the hope of recapturing some of the success they had together with the Lions from 2012 to 2014 (33-21 regular season record, a .611 winning percentage).
David
Team Captain

Safest is Rick Campbell. One bonehead decision to take a safety (instead of punting) early in the year cost them a victory, but a proven track record. Nothing to work with in Ottawa having lost 5 key free agents and given nothing but a messy quarterbacking situation.

Least safe is Corey Chamblin. Team looked woefully ill-prepared for their first game (a blowout loss) and haven't really recovered since. Can't see Popp staying, so new GM will bring in his own HC.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

David wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:29 pm
Safest is Rick Campbell. One bonehead decision to take a safety (instead of punting) early in the year cost them a victory, but a proven track record. Nothing to work with in Ottawa having lost 5 key free agents and given nothing but a messy quarterbacking situation.

Least safe is Corey Chamblin. Team looked woefully ill-prepared for their first game (a blowout loss) and haven't really recovered since. Can't see Popp staying, so new GM will bring in his own HC.

[/quote

I can't see Popp staying in TO either as he was fired a couple weeks ago and replaced by Pinball Clemons.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Maas has had all the pieces but can't manage to even get a home playoff game. Anything less than a Grey Cup appearance and he gets fired. Especially if he does something stupid in the EDSF or EDF.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

And 5 minutes after Maas gets fired, don't be surprised when he is hired as the new OC in BC. A move I would be totally OK with, even though I can't stand him as a HC.
maxlion
Legend

Belize City Lion wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:11 pm
And 5 minutes after Maas gets fired, don't be surprised when he is hired as the new OC in BC. A move I would be totally OK with, even though I can't stand him as a HC.
That would be an awesome move. Maas is right up there with the best as an OC.
David
Team Captain

maxlion wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:56 pm
That would be an awesome move. Maas is right up there with the best as an OC.
Yea, and I wouldn't rule it out as Maas is pretty tight with Reilly. But if Edmonton wins a game or two to close out the regular season, defeats Montreal in the Eastern Semi and puts up a good fight against Hamilton, all bets are off.

Roar, You Lions, Roar
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Belize City Lion wrote:
Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:11 pm
Only if Ed Hervey is still running the show in BC