Who finishes first in the West Division?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Who finishes first in the West Division?

Poll ended at Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:52 pm

Calgary
90%
Saskatchewan
10%
Winnipeg
No votes

Total votes: 10
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

So now that we have a three way race for first place in the west, who do you think wins the division?
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Calgary is in the drivers seat by owning the tie breaker with Saskatchewan, but I'm picking the Riders. They should be able to win out, whereas Winnipeg might be able to get a split in the home and home with Calgary which would give the Bombers 2nd place in that scenario.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

To use an Alberta type metaphor, I'm going with the horse that brought me. The Stamps have been there a lot in the last decade and experience sometimes tells in these things.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

What I suspect will happen with the West Division standings and what I'd personally wish for are two different things I'm sad to say. The Bombers are always my go-to team any time our Leos are out of the conversation, but the Bombers are in tough to move up from their current third place standing. I can't see movement there. And with a choice between the Stamps and the Riders, though I'd prefer the Riders (given they feature Fajardo and Sol E among their starters, two ex-Lions I'm pretty happy for) I can't do the math to realistically see them taking first place away from Calgary. So Bo Levi and company it is. But that said, should the Stamps go on to the Grey Cup, they'll be in tough to better Hamilton who I expect will be there in the end.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Calgary
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

Belize City Lion wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:02 pm
Calgary is in the drivers seat by owning the tie breaker with Saskatchewan, but I'm picking the Riders. They should be able to win out, whereas Winnipeg might be able to get a split in the home and home with Calgary which would give the Bombers 2nd place in that scenario.
Unfortunately that's my take as well. Calgary is in the driver's seat purely based on owning the season series. However given the Riders get BC and Edmonton twice, both of whom are winless against the West's top 3, the Stamps will probably need to sweep their last 3 to stay in that driver's seat. Having said that there is nothing more dangerous to teams fighting for playoff positioning than opponents with nothing on the line.
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
JohnnyMusso
Champion

I voted for Calgary too and to win the cup again. Bombers are toast and will not win without Nicols. They will lose in the first round .
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Calgary knows how to win in the regular season. I won’t bet against them unless it’s the Grey Cup
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Bumping this thread Just so I can say "I told you so".

Looks like I might be a bit off with my prediction for second place, unless the Lions pull off a massive upset tonight.
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

Belize City Lion wrote:
Sat Nov 02, 2019 3:57 pm
Bumping this thread Just so I can say "I told you so".

Looks like I might be a bit off with my prediction for second place, unless the Lions pull off a massive upset tonight.
Congrats to both you and the Riders, BCL! I was hoping for someone to knock the Stamps out of first place but didn't expect it to happen. It's a real nice development IMO. And it would be extra-wonderful if they were sent tumbling down to third place, but somehow I don't see our Leos as up for the task. I look at our depth chart's starting line-up on offence and seeing names like O'Brien, Simonise, and Lankford doesn't warm me to the prospect. But I'd be pretty happy to be wrong yet again!