Toronto at B.C. Oct. 5, 2019 - Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

It was a penalty that prolonged the Argos drive.
Hambone
Hall of Famer
Location: Living in PG when not at BC Place, Grey Cup or Mazatlan.

TheLionKing wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:57 pm
It was a penalty that prolonged the Argos drive.
Yes it was a penalty that prolonged the drive but if that was the sole cause for his ire you'd think he'd be taking it out on the guilty party. He was stomping back and forth from one end of the bench to the other venting his spleen at everybody sitting there and they were all defensive players who were on the field on that late Argo drive. .
You're as old as you've ever been and as young as you're ever going to be.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

David
Team Captain

Cool moment between two pros tonight. Mike Reilly commands a lot of respect around the league.

And a couple of weeks ago, some were talking about trading him in the off-season and signing Chris Streveler. :rotf:

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
LionsLip
Rookie

Brian Burnham spectacular, too bad we did not we did not shut the Argos out. We have not beat a western opponent yet this year and next weekend could not come at a better time. Lets see if the Lions have really improved....Go Lions!
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

KnowItAll wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:40 pm
did anybody see number 70 Plu on the field at all?
Plu came in at field WR after Durant was hurt. I thought the Lions might try to throw to him but at that point they were just trying to run the ball and run out the clock.

I thought Simonise looked OK in place of Cottoy with his second catch in as many games but Burnham and Carter accounted for 235 of the team’s 283 receiving yards. The Loons can’t rely on that against other teams.
dirty
prospect

I woke up sunday morning with no way to hold my head that didn't hurt
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

The biggest factor in the Lions’ turnaround has been the play of the offensive line. Rushing 39 times for 172 yards is impressive. The O-line controlled the Argos’ front 7 and allowed White to read their blocks. Reilly again had all day to read the field and throw deep, which is the key to the Lions’ passing game. The only Argo sack was nullified by penalty.

The play of the O-line will again be crucial next week in Edmonton. The Eskimo defence overpowered the Lions’ O-line in the first two games between these teams, sacking Reilly 12 times and holding him to an average of 153 yards passing. If the Esks do that again, they’ll smash the Lions’ win streak and punch their own ticket to the playoffs.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Just as a point of interest, I had originally thought that the "Burnham" TD (2nd) one was actually out of bounds. I went back to it today and gosh darn it, I think the officials got it right. After looking at it several times, it appears as though he actually got control of the ball just before his right foot came off the turf and before his left hit the paint. As such, it was an incredible play on the part of Burnham and also on the part of the officials. The Zebra's get criticized enough for their mistakes but to make that call correctly on the field is nothing short of amazing and the officials who made the call should get kudo's for getting it right. Well done to officials.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
David
Team Captain

I hate to admit, I got a little greedy toward the end and felt genuinely pissed that the Argos broke the shutout, especially when it was penalty aided. But maybe that TD and 2=pt convert was not such a bad thing. Yes, we had some of our back-ups playing but perhaps it could prevent the team from feeling too full of themselves and invincible heading into next week's crucial match-up with Edmonton.

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

I think there is something to that. The record isn't really one of those that one should take good feelings from. The Argo's are a franchise in big trouble right now and I don't mind not rubbing salt in the wound. Also, I think it was probably far more important to try and get out of the game without taking any further chances with injury. In garbage time, the last thing you want to do is to get someone knicked just so that a team that is already bummed out, can feel more bummed out.

Beside, the record looks better on the Riders :roar:
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

B.C.FAN wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 9:36 am
The biggest factor in the Lions’ turnaround has been the play of the offensive line. Rushing 39 times for 172 yards is impressive. The O-line controlled the Argos’ front 7 and allowed White to read their blocks. Reilly again had all day to read the field and throw deep, which is the key to the Lions’ passing game. The only Argo sack was nullified by penalty.
Totally, guess the Lions won't be setting the record for allowing the most sacks :cr: :wink:
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

Sir Purrcival wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:37 pm
That wasn't a TD, awesome catch but not a TD
The guys on TSN TV agreed with you and it would be true if you believe that Burnham didn't gain control until he curled his arm and secured the ball to his chest. However I believe he made a one handed catch at which point his foot was in bounds. The Command Centre agrees with me.
dirty
prospect

big time catch for sure!