Toronto at B.C. Oct. 5, 2019 - Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Gridiron Ernie
Champion

I'm wondering if anyone has updates on injuries for a couple of our National receivers; Jevon Cottoy was placed on the 1-game reserve for last game and Lemar Durant was injured during that game. Both local-born fellows have been significant contributors this season, and Durant was heading for a 1000-yard season. Here's hoping that's not off the rails. Speaking of our National receiving corps, it was great to see that long-expected flash of brilliance on Shaq Johnson's graceful leaping TD reception. We need these fine talents to fully complement the tireless work and talent of the esteemed Mr. Burnham (who just may yet one day take his place alongside Sonny Homer as nearest and dearest in my heart, heh heh, despite Bryan not being a native son). Well, perhaps there's ol' Clermont to shoulder out of the way yet too...
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

Gridiron Ernie wrote:
Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:04 pm
I'm wondering if anyone has updates on injuries for a couple of our National receivers; Jevon Cottoy was placed on the 1-game reserve for last game and Lemar Durant was injured during that game. Both local-born fellows have been significant contributors this season, and Durant was heading for a 1000-yard season. Here's hoping that's not off the rails. Speaking of our National receiving corps, it was great to see that long-expected flash of brilliance on Shaq Johnson's graceful leaping TD reception. We need these fine talents to fully complement the tireless work and talent of the esteemed Mr. Burnham (who just may yet one day take his place alongside Sonny Homer as nearest and dearest in my heart, heh heh, despite Bryan not being a native son). Well, perhaps there's ol' Clermont to shoulder out of the way yet too...
I just posted in the Edmonton thread that Durant is out for the season with a foot injury. He didn't have a great game against Toronto but he had 810 receiving yards and was in the running for the league's Most Outstanding Canadian award before the injury.

Cottoy was expected to miss only one game with his hamstring injury but I haven't heard an update this week. If he is not back, the Lions will likely have to change their ratio or dress two global receivers, which isn't likely since they haven't thrown to any of the three global players who have rotated through the lineup this season.
Gridiron Ernie
Champion

Thanks B.C.FAN -- I was busy composing my question while you were unbeknownst already answering it in your new thread. That's a stroke of misfortune for Durant -- season ending! I feel bad real for him. And he will be missed. Such a shame. Yeah, about the ratio; one wonders to what extent the Global players could shine. I've no idea of their potential.
obs
Champion

DanoT wrote:
Sun Oct 06, 2019 4:50 pm
Sir Purrcival wrote:
Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:37 pm
That wasn't a TD, awesome catch but not a TD
The guys on TSN TV agreed with you and it would be true if you believe that Burnham didn't gain control until he curled his arm and secured the ball to his chest. However I believe he made a one handed catch at which point his foot was in bounds. The Command Centre agrees with me.
I'm a little late to the party here, but here is the last shot of Burnham when his (right) foot is still in contact with the field, while in-bounds. Is the ball under control? Well, he didn't juggle it, so I can see command centre deciding that there isn't sufficient evidence to overturn the TD.

20191007-2355burnham.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
obs
Champion

Burnham had his toe out on his almost-a-TD tonight (Oct 18 vs SSK), but it's affirmation that the guy can catch it with one hand. They made the correct call above.