Montreal vs. BC

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

****head carter needs to be tarred and feathered and run out of town.

I suspect that the Reilly factor is what made Jones decide to go for the TD.

Mod edit. Let's keep it civil, please.
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

maxlion wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:12 pm
I figured als would take the time count penalty, back up 5 yards and take the lead on the fg. Lions may have come back to tie or win.

Willis' penalty was a bad decision, but was marginal. Carter's was outright idiotic.

Lions playoff chances hanging on by the thinnest of threads.
I think Carter's was marginal as there is trash talking on pretty much every play. REF got flag happy.

Durant's holding call took points off the board and his hold was unnecessary as the play was gone.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
maxlion
Legend

I can see Jones' point of view. Tough angle for a fg. Only 2 yards away from a 5 pt lead against a weak d line. 1 pt lead not safe against Reilly with a minute on the clock.

Interesting contrast tonight between Posey and Carter, 2 free agent receivers the Lions could have signed. One a smart, well-spoken professional, brings leadership and professionalism to every team he is on. The other is Carter.
Reggiemac
Rookie

My takeaways, we need to rotate someone else in to give Willis some breather time,he is our weak link on D and Carter needs to be cut right now, he adds nothing toour game andhischaracter issues almost cost us. Oterwise we are progressing. And Montreals O has figured out Lemons moves and ran successfully on him several times running to where he was. And lastly we need to start Samuels against strong running teams, Heis an NFL sized LB. and may be good in the
Try him at least. My 2 cents.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

maxlion wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:25 pm

Interesting contrast tonight between Posey and Carter, 2 free agent receivers the Lions could have signed. One a smart, well-spoken professional, brings leadership and professionalism to every team he is on. The other is Carter.
BOOM.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
yukonlion
All Star

we got some breaks and happy that we were in a position to win and came out with it. but still disappointed by JJ's play calling. when we finally started to throw downfield we moved the ball (not till the 2nd half when we were behind), but he constantly went back to swing passes or runs up the middle when they had 10 on the line (reilly should see this and audible).

We need to be more aggressive on O now that reilly is getting a bit of time. need to look at our run defence.... greta return by jaml lyles, love to see him get more touches, and happy to see Cottoy get more catches too
maxlion
Legend

Toppy Vann wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:22 pm
I think Carter's was marginal as there is trash talking on pretty much every play. REF got flag happy.

Durant's holding call took points off the board and his hold was unnecessary as the play was gone.
I agree that the penalty on Carter didn't have to be called. I still say he was wrong to put his team in that situation.

Durant is another story. A National with over over 100 yards receiving in the game (more than Carter has had in 2+ seasons). Will likely surpass 1000 yards this year. His penalty enabled White to get outside. Without the hold, would likely have been a shorter gain.

Carter's penalty was pure selfishness. The play was already over. No comparison in my view.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Durant never let go - and White was gone - not sure how he gets off that one easy.

Carter was wrong to take a chance like that BUT stuff goes on ALL game. Why not call the push from behind and make this equal.

Refs had just a few calls that were questionable for a tight game . That call on Carter was one of them
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

That's where reputations get you into trouble. If it was some other player, one without the track record of undisciplined behaviour, maybe the flag stays in the pocket. You live by the sword, you die by the sword.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Carter said nothing all game.

Odell spearing the QB.. brutal..

Durant's hold - took points off the board. He made it very obvious.

It wasn't just penalties.... it was the way Jarius called all that stuff at the LOS all night. There was little creativity in anything tonight in the way plays were called. 3 pts at half time.
maxlion
Legend

Durant's (and Willis') penalty was poor execution. Carter's was poor sportsmanship.

Context, past performance, and reputation aside (all of which are in Durant's favour), that is the key difference for me.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

KnowItAll wrote:
Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:16 pm
****head carter needs to be tarred and feathered and run out of town.

I suspect that the Reilly factor is what made Jones decide to go for the TD.

Mod edit. Let's keep it civil, please.
tell that to Carter :)
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Sitting in the stadium with the roof opened on a chilly night reminded me of sitting in Empire Stadium waching Joe Kapp and Willie Fleming.
Luck1sOnOurSid3
Rookie

Well a win is a win and I will take it six ways to Sunday, but we probably could have put that game on ice a lot earlier if not for some silly mistakes.

Lose big, then lose small, then win small, then win big. It seems we may have moved in to the second half of that process. As the season begins to draw closer to the end, I am happy to see we are at least trending in the right direction. Montreal has a good defense and we moved the ball on them and our o-line gave some good time for plays to develop. It seems the new o-line coach has been the medicine they needed.

Some big litmus tests coming up to see where we might be at right now. I just want to see some momentum carried in to next season. I still have my homer glasses on and would love to see us win out and Esks not and we sneak in to the playoffs where anything can happen.
Ballistic Bob
Legend

Carter was mad about the tackle up around his helmet. I dont think it was taunting. bb
Wear orange or wear nothing