Montreal vs. BC

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

B.C.FAN
Team Captain

David wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 11:09 am
This week's TV ratings, courtesy of 3 Down Nation:

Friday
Hamilton at Winnipeg — 507,600

Saturday
Edmonton at Ottawa — 341,100
Saskatchewan at Toronto — 649,400
Montreal at B.C. — 552,600*

Week 16 average: 512,675

* Note - I don't believe this includes the RDS (French language) number which could boost this another 75-100K.

DH :cool:
That’s a good number for the third game of a tripleheader, especially considering the late start in the East and the fact the game didn’t have a touchdown in the first half. I have to think a lot of those viewers were in B.C. I finally watched the PVR last night.
David
Team Captain

Don Taylor (TSN1040) was asking Giulio today what he thinks of a quarterback barking at his teammates (Giulio is fine with it. Thinks it's his right to be able to express himself, particularly as the play was likely drawn up, extensively discussed and practiced). I recall seeing this on the sidelines. To me, it looked like Reilly was really heated at either his line or John White for a blown assignment. I assume it was all patched up and they moved on. Anyone else see this on the telecast?

DH :cool:
Roar, You Lions, Roar
B.C.FAN
Team Captain

JC Abbott has weighed in with his somewhat late but always worthwhile thoughts on the game.

Bloody lip lessons (and eight other thoughts on the Lions win over Montreal)

I agree with him on most points, including the play of Branden Dozier. He has probably been the Lions' best defensive player since he stepped into the safety position, and definitely worth all-star consideration. Five of his eight tackles on Saturday were on William Stanback and another was on Jeremiah Johnson. They'd probably both still be running if Dozier wasn't there.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

I'm not an expert on those numbers but they look pretty good.

I know a lot of TSN CFL and Lions watchers who never go to games.

Interesting stats for MTL at BC as that game back east starts just after 10 pm and is game 3 for the day.

Along with the fact that big screen TVs and the costs of going to a game combined with a vast improvement on the home viewing experience makes it tougher to get folks to go to games.

If a BC fan stayed home last Saturday they would not miss a down in the second game. Go the stadium and it's a PVR where you most certainly would have heard the score at the game.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy