Chuba Hubbard from Edmonton for the Heisman

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

cms22
Starter

thought i'd post this as it'll be fun to watch.......... if not for hurts/tua/lawrence being so dominant QB's, i think hubbard would have reasonable heisman shot.

he is a redshirt sophomore tailback from edmonton who plays for oklahoma state....... i often bemoan that canadian kids would get more scholarship offers if they played in USA (i.e. maleek irons), this kid had massive offers including alabama.

anyway, chuba is leading the NCAA FBS in rushing by 75 yards despite his rushing total in one game vs. FCS team was 44 yards on limited carries.

his 2 FBS games,

26 carries for 221 yards vs. oregon state

32 carries for 256 yards vs. tulsa

not exactly stellar opponents but i think that's true for most FBS teams right now.

raptors ----> andreescu -----> chuba...... probably not, but will be fun to watch.

the 5 historically outstanding canadian NCAA TB i can think of are,

reuben mayes - WSU
tim biakabituka sp? - michigan
jon cornish - kansas
dahran diedrick - nebraska
Kerry Carter - Stanford (nowhere near the stats of the others, but was ranking #2 tailback recruit in his year by one service)
cms22
Starter

it is an amazing heisman year.......... pretty much little doubt that hurts/tua/lawrence will have the wins and the stats. many years players come out of nowhere (i.e. chuba) and win it as the QB's falter.

i know few TB's win the heisman these days. esp. non-alabama TB's