Lions at Montreal Sept. 6, 2019 - Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

BC 1988
Legend

Toppy Vann wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:31 pm
TheLionKing wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:34 pm
Don Miller wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:48 pm
Post game show is hard to listen to by this fan. Go Bombers (Ex Lions) play that banjo loud.
Brook Ward is a total doofus. It's advertised as the Lions Post Game show and what does he and Chris Burns talk about........ who is your favourite James Bond. :bang: :bang:
Normally those digressions by the TSN announcers drive me crazy too. But last night, Brook Ward's James Bond stuff was a good diversion.....lol.

Chris Burns is normally all business and he's grown a lot in his analysis as he only does this part time.

On an unrelated note on commentators, I've not watched Rugby for years but tonight watched Canada vs USA with the US winning 20 -15 in a tough, hard nosed game that could (with one late game Canada exception) show footballers how to tackle. BLAKE PRICE was the announcer and I was impressed. He should do more sports.
I don't usually follow the post-game (unless I'm driving and hear it on the radio) so didn't catch Brook Ward. IMO, he is the most annoying sounding personality on TSN. He's been on a lot this summer in vacation fill-in role, and he often makes being annoying part of his shtick (reading listener text messages to that effect).

I agree Blake Price would be good at more play-by-play (probably better than Rod Black).