BC Lions Tragic Number

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

The Lions tragic number is down to 3. Any combination of 3 Eskimo wins or 3 Lions losses and BC is out of the playoffs. They could be eliminated from the post season as early as next week (September 14).

Can anyone recall any CFL team being mathematically eliminated that early in the season? Even the most woeful eastern teams usually have a mathematical chance until at least Thanksgiving.
squishy35
Legend

The Playoffs are not in the cards this year... or likely next year either... :( this team has a long way to go to be competitive again.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Correction, the tragic number is 4 with Calgary because we have only played Calgary once. There is still a chance we could own that tie breaker if we beat them by 5. However with BLM back and playing well it is unlikely we make up the 5 games we are behind Calgary.
pennw
Legend

The sooner the better . That way no one will be talking about it anymore . As for next year it is far to early to say BC won't make it next year , many teams have turned it around from a very bad season the previous year . Of course it can be done .
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

I think that the smart bet is 1-17.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

The Lions are done like dinner this year.
jwbavalon
Rookie

As done as the Lions are, I'll still go to all the games and cheer for anything resembling good football. Sooner or later we will get another win although I predict a Montreal win this Friday.

Go Lions Go
Dusty
Champion

I agree with you in going to the games and cheering for good football from our team.... and yes, they are still my team. I'm expecting a win in Montreal tomorrow... the first of
rather impressive wins this weekend!
JohnnyMusso
Champion

I hope you are right Dusty, but I do not share your optimism. I am going with the football writers and 90% of the fans on here and predicting Montreal will win. Adams is playing really well now and Montreal on a roll and playing at home. I feel Lions problems run a lot deeper than Bryan Chiu's coaching. I just hope it is a competitive game.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Well, drop another off the total. Closer and closer to official oblivion.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

Sir Purrcival wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:12 pm
You must be the only guy in town who think the Lions might have a chance at the playoffs. :wink:
JohnnyMusso
Champion

Down to 3 now.
KnowItAll
Hall of Famer

The Lions tragic number is the amount on EH's paycheck
Every day that passes is one you can't get back
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

TheLionKing wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 8:42 pm
Sir Purrcival wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:12 pm
You must be the only guy in town who think the Lions might have a chance at the playoffs. :wink:
You must be kidding. (I know you are :beauty: ) I said the Lions would be lucky to win 5 games weeks ago and then downgraded it to 3 games later. It is more like a macabre fascination as to how low the Lions can go. At this point, I figure they may win a game near the end when the playoffs are set and teams are resting vets. Maybe they pick up another.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

I am already thinking: how many loses will it take to get the number one draft pick in the 2020 Draft?