Who Will Win Montreal or BC?

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Who Will Win Montreal or BC?

Montreal
82%
BC
9%
Tie
9%

Total votes: 11
JohnnyMusso
Champion

Despite the coaching change, I feel it will not be enough to change BC's fortunes. Lions playing back East and with a team battling for a playoff spot for first time in years. Montreal is playing well and I see them beating the Lions.

Lions problems run a lot deeper than the OL and I just feel Lions are not good enough to beat Montreal and break their slump.
SammyGreene
Team Captain

Former Lions OC > Current Lions OC
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

New OLine coach was doing a lot of teaching it seems. The issue is how they play together as a unit - very different than any position in football pretty much.

Took in practice today and while what you see is just a small body of work on OFF, I still would like to see more variation on their themes.

Article on Duron Carter who gets a lot of bad raps and most unjustifiable and mouth just what media say.

https://theprovince.com/sports/football ... ing-season
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Montreal is a team no one should want to play right now. Their QB is playing great, they have 2 dominating running backs, they have excellent team chemistry, they are well coached, and the players are starting to believe they will always find a way to win. And the fans are coming back.

None of that applies to the Lions.
pennw
Legend

SammyGreene wrote:
Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:18 pm
And he was severely criticized by many on this board when he was here , with many wanting him fired .
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Away game, opposition on the rise, home team almost below ground, nearly nothing changed = Lions losing again.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
DanoT
Hall of Famer
Location: Victoria, B.C. in summer, Sun Peaks Resort in winter

pennw wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:53 pm
SammyGreene wrote:
And he was severely criticized by many on this board when he was here , with many wanting him fired .
Khari Jones as OC was under the influence of Wally Buono when he was here. :bang:
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

It's not who is going to win but by how much.
BcBenny
prospect

I am interested to see how Coach Bates adapts OC JJ's gameplan but I think we are in for another loss.
pennw
Legend

DanoT wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 7:39 pm
pennw wrote:
Wed Sep 04, 2019 4:53 pm
SammyGreene wrote:
Khari Jones as OC was under the influence of Wally Buono when he was here. :bang:
Many of the same thought Stubler was a great DC and were gleeful when he returned . And also were as wrong about Mark Washington as they were about Khari Jones . And JC before that.