Have Some Lion Players Quit on the Team

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

maxlion wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:17 pm
Suitor isn't going to win any Pulitzers, but the fact that both he and Dunigan pointed this out as a serious problem that is undermining the coaches leads me to believe that the player's action was egregious. Just another sign that our coaches are inadequate.

Nobody would be surprised if it was Carter, but could well be someone else.

Carter hasn't had a 100 yard game in 2 seasons, during which time he has played with 3 teams. Maybe it's schemes. Maybe Reilly doesn't like him. Maybe he is lazy. It doesn't really matter. The bottom line is he has made little positive impact for any of these teams. I've never been a fan of his goofy antics, but hoped to see him succeed here. Now I want him gone so that I stop wasting a pick on him in TSN Fantasy.

Didn't hear Dunigan but have heard Suitor and while the latter admits Carter isn't the problem his laziness and lack of seeing the Lions workout leads him to question the "low hanging fruit" in Carter. If he pulled that cheap trick suggest ing he looked at iso film on a Lion Wally Buono would kick his arse and show him video and make him prove it.

Jim Popp fired Trestman and one reason was his failure to utilize Duron Carter with his silly talk of how he was bringing him in slow. SASK used Duron on DEF so not show he could rack up big yards.

BC is a disaster and no one is racking up big yards.

By this standard Derel Walker and SJ Green should be cut as the Argos can't ge them the ball consistently.

Suitor should back up his claims or shut up.

IIRC the Dunigan stuff it was more generally applied than one player who if tossed tomorrow isn't going to lead to better protection or better routes.
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
maxlion
Legend

Toppy Vann wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 12:31 pm
maxlion wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 6:17 pm

Carter hasn't had a 100 yard game in 2 seasons, during which time he has played with 3 teams. Maybe it's schemes. Maybe Reilly doesn't like him. Maybe he is lazy. It doesn't really matter. The bottom line is he has made little positive impact for any of these teams. I've never been a fan of his goofy antics, but hoped to see him succeed here. Now I want him gone so that I stop wasting a pick on him in TSN Fantasy.

Didn't hear Dunigan but have heard Suitor and while the latter admits Carter isn't the problem his laziness and lack of seeing the Lions workout leads him to question the "low hanging fruit" in Carter. If he pulled that cheap trick suggest ing he looked at iso film on a Lion Wally Buono would kick his arse and show him video and make him prove it.

Jim Popp fired Trestman and one reason was his failure to utilize Duron Carter with his silly talk of how he was bringing him in slow. SASK used Duron on DEF so not show he could rack up big yards.

BC is a disaster and no one is racking up big yards.

By this standard Derel Walker and SJ Green should be cut as the Argos can't ge them the ball consistently.

Suitor should back up his claims or shut up.

IIRC the Dunigan stuff it was more generally applied than one player who if tossed tomorrow isn't going to lead to better protection or better routes.
When Trestman left the CFL, he brought a few guys with him: Jaime Elizondo, Jerry Glanville, Jonathan Himebauch. Personally, I would take this group over Claybrooks, Stubler, Jackson, and Chiu, or the group they have in Toronto. Seems to me that Trestman did pretty well during his time in the CFL. I think he knew what he was doing when it came to Duron Carter. I have less confidence about Popp.

As for Saskatchewan, in the end they had no place for him on offense or defense and released him mid-season, despite being in the middle of the playoff hunt. After his release, the team went 9-2 and finished second in the west.

I thought it was worth a shot to bring Carter in. It's not all his fault that the team is terrible. But he brings nothing to the table, especially for the salary. I'd rather see Augustin get a chance.