Hamilton at B.C. Aug. 24, 2019 - Game Day Thread

The Place for BC Lion Discussion. A forum for Lions fans to talk and chat about our team.
Discussion, News, Information and Speculation regarding the BC Lions and the CFL.
Prowl, Growl and Roar!

Moderator: Team Captains

Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

They don't have time for 3 yard runs at this point of the game.
Tell me how long must a fan be strong? Ans. Always.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Did anyone else just hear Reilly yell "give me the call!"?
Coast Mountain Lion
Legend

Good thing they missed the holding call on the guy who got called for roughing the passer.
Belize City Lion
Hall of Famer

Oh all we need is a big special teams play. Nevermind.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

Hint to Hamilton. It is going to be short kickoff.
Sir Purrcival
Hall of Famer

And they are done. You go back to the fake punt at our own 30 something and you ask why oh why. The Cats got a TD off that and that is the difference.
Last edited by Sir Purrcival on Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Short kick off tactic sucks. Just put a big group of hands guys on one side and go for it. This sucks.

Reilly took too many hits. We don't have a back up to take the sneaks.

Jarius went vanilla on play calling and up stepped the feasting ticats..
"Ability without character will lose." - Marv Levy
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

Belize City Lion wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 9:54 pm
Did anyone else just hear Reilly yell "give me the call!"?
YEP.. He was frustrated
randymeeks
Legend

Quite possibly the worst Lions team I’ve seen in my 41 years of existence. The gm and head coach have got to go.
"I have social skills, jackass!"
-Malcolm (Malcolm In The Middle)
yukonlion
All Star

ridiculous, JJ still terrible, the play calls from the 9 line carter who hasnt caught a deep ball (and burnham wide open on the goal line).... reilly not sharp throwing, dont think we completed a down filed pass till the 4th quarter (Oline problen), bu treilly knows this but when the first look isnt there (ever) he stays on in the pocket to get hit.... he used to break the pocket much more in edm... frustating tp watch..
JohnnyMusso
Champion

Lions coaches made desperation calls tonight in hopes of getting a win. They gambled twice in their own end in the first half and luckily got both. Then in 2nd half they called a boneheaded fake punt which failed miserably. Then Tiger Cats went down and scored a touchdown and it was game over. It was the turning point in the game.

I predict if Lions are sold before the end of the season, both Hervey and Claybrooks will be fired. Owners will eat his salary for no way you can sell this team going forward with Claybrooks as coach and Hervey likely will be fired at the end of the season. Lions may finish 1 and 17 if Lions continue to make stupid desperation calls each game to try to win which backfired tonight.

Lions worst start since 1969 when Paul Brothers was the QB and who was the coach? I have no idea? TSN played clips of 1969 - Apollo 11, Woodstock, etc. Embarrassing. The decision to sign Reilly and hire Claybrooks look like bad decisions for team is 1 and 9 and just as bad as when Paul Brothers was the QB.
Toppy Vann
Hall of Famer

HC says it was to be a punt at the 36 and a fake pass BUT that is not where you even fake that as it was at the BC 36 yard line.

OC got vanilla.

Some bad ref missed calls - the Ticats dropped punt we didn't get as HC challenged poorly a few plays earlier.
JohnnyMusso
Champion

Other may bail on this forum and go watch the NFL, but I am staying. I am a true BC Lions fan and casual NFL fan. I will watch to the bitter end and listen to the Post Games shows and read and post on this forum. Tonight less people posting. Seems apathy has set in and shock we are 1 and 9 and on par with the 1969 team with Paul Brothers as the QB, maybe the worst QB in Lions history. We have Reilly who rode in on a white horse and rated as one of the best and we still 1 and 9 and no better than the Lions with Paul Brothers.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

randymeeks wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:05 pm
Quite possibly the worst Lions team I’ve seen in my 41 years of existence. The gm and head coach have got to go.
Not quite possibly, it IS the worst team I've seen in over 5 decades and I've seen a lot of bad teams.
TheLionKing
Hall of Famer

JohnnyMusso wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 10:16 pm
Lions coaches made desperation calls tonight in hopes of getting a win. They gambled twice in their own end in the first half and luckily got both. Then in 2nd half they called a boneheaded fake punt which failed miserably. Then Tiger Cats went down and scored a touchdown and it was game over. It was the turning point in the game.
Claybrooks said in the post game the plan was to line 3 players to the side giving the impression that it was going to be an onside kick. If Hamilton adjusted the way the Lions had hope they would run the trick play. As it turned out, Hamilton didn't adjusted the way they had hope and the Lions were supposed to punt. Of course, we know what happened.